Climate "Science"
This countries reluctance to invest in modern, safe, clean nuclear reactors for our baseline power is genuinly infuriating.

It's purely moronic and short sighted.
(10-11-2021, 11:23 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: FT article - recorded inland speeds below average in Europe.

BBC article - journal article in Nature says that ocean wind speeds are getting faster.

Where is the contradiction? They're on about two completely different things. If you'd read them properly then you would have noticed that.

Nuclear is now chronically underfunded thanks to the short-sightedness of dear Margaret and the dumb hero worship of her by Tory blowhards that prevent any constructive criticism of her policies from the liberal right, and gas is a dead duck as if you have nuclear acting as the baseline you don't need it, look at France as a perfect example of that. You don't have both Nuclear and gas, you have one or the other and Nuclear is better in every way for the direction we're headed.

Nuclear and renewables, nuclear to manage the baseload and renewables to scale to meet fluctuations. That is what is needed and if the government could get off their lazy arses and invest to offset the capital cost deterrent to Nuclear instead of sitting on their arses for the last 42 years that would be great.
I didn't realise that wind on land was a totally different thing and unrealted to wind on the ocean.

I'm quite surprsed as when i listen to the shippping forecast the days that they predict gales at sea, it seem to coincide with the windy days on land?
(10-11-2021, 12:22 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 11:23 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: FT article - recorded inland speeds below average in Europe.

BBC article - journal article in Nature says that ocean wind speeds are getting faster.

Where is the contradiction? They're on about two completely different things. If you'd read them properly then you would have noticed that.

Nuclear is now chronically underfunded thanks to the short-sightedness of dear Margaret and the dumb hero worship of her by Tory blowhards that prevent any constructive criticism of her policies from the liberal right, and gas is a dead duck as if you have nuclear acting as the baseline you don't need it, look at France as a perfect example of that. You don't have both Nuclear and gas, you have one or the other and Nuclear is better in every way for the direction we're headed.

Nuclear and renewables, nuclear to manage the baseload and renewables to scale to meet fluctuations. That is what is needed and if the government could get off their lazy arses and invest to offset the capital cost deterrent to Nuclear instead of sitting on their arses for the last 42 years that would be great.
I didn't realise that wind on land was a totally different thing and unrealted to wind on the ocean.

I'm quite surprsed as when i listen to the shippping forecast the days that they predict gales at sea, it seem to coincide with the windy days on land?

Thick as shit  Big Grin

Is this a wind up?

Have you never noticed that hurricanes can travel great distances over the ocean and then dissipate once they are over land?
(10-11-2021, 01:02 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Is this a wind up?

Have you never noticed that hurricanes can travel great distances over the ocean and then dissipate once they are over land?
so is it the same wind or some completely different wind that is dissapating?

(10-11-2021, 12:54 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

Thick as shit  Big Grin

yep, keep on repeating your own insecurites.
(10-11-2021, 02:23 PM)Sotv Wrote:

Is this a wind up?

I'm not a climatologist but my understanding is that there's a greater pressure difference over bodies of water than there is over bodies of land so higher winds are sustained. That's why hurricanes die down once they get closer to land and it's why you never see them occur inland. It's also why the UK's weather is more susceptible to wind speeds, directions and pressures moving eastwards over the Atlantic instead of westwards over continental Europe.

The behavioural analysis of wind inland can't be extrapolated to wind in the sea. That's why the FT article that Proth is on about had areas of higher speed over the Atlantic towards Greenland and over the Mediterranean towards Africa.
(10-11-2021, 02:33 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Is this a wind up?

I'm not a climatologist but my understanding is that there's a greater pressure difference over bodies of water than there is over bodies of land so higher winds are sustained. That's why hurricanes die down once they get closer to land and it's why you never see them occur inland. It's also why the UK's weather is more susceptible to wind speeds, directions and pressures moving eastwards over the Atlantic instead of westwards over continental Europe.

The behavioural analysis of wind inland can't be extrapolated to wind in the sea. That's why the FT article that Proth is on about had areas of higher speed over the Atlantic towards Greenland and over the Mediterranean towards Africa.
so it's not totally different, it just behaves differently over land, thanks for the mansplanation.

Is this a wind up?

Thick as shit  Big Grin

Taken me off ignore again have you  Big Grin
I, for one, cannot wait for this phenomenon of it becoming more windy at sea whilst at the same time less windy on land.
(10-11-2021, 03:19 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

Is this a wind up?

Thick as shit  Big Grin

Taken me off ignore again have you  Big Grin

Have you not seen the “show this post” button? 

Thick as shit  Big Grin