BoJo’s speech….
I've just watched it on You Tube. Content aside the reason Starmer can't land a punch on Johnson is that he's relentlessly negative. Meanwhile Johnson channels everything positive about the UK from the Paralympics to the huge number of UK Unicorns and everything in between. He's able to genuinely laugh at himself and tells jokes which don't appear to have been scripted by committee.

He's not a Conservative in my tradition in any sense of the word. My old party seems further away from me than ever, but he's a winner.
(10-06-2021, 06:15 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I've just watched it on You Tube. Content aside the reason Starmer can't land a punch on Johnson is that he's relentlessly negative. Meanwhile Johnson channels everything positive about the UK from the Paralympics to the huge number of UK Unicorns and everything in between. He's able to genuinely laugh at himself and tells jokes which don't appear to have been scripted by committee.

He's not a Conservative in my tradition in any sense of the word. My old party seems further away from me than ever, but he's a winner.
There's a truth in what you write. 

However as a PM you're expected to deliver on the optimism you talk of. 

Either he delivers or he manipulates the reality to give the appearance of delivery.

And perhaps this was not the best time to deliver a speech such as this one. Shortages of labour leading to shortages of goods, plus rises in domestic power costs will affect the majority of UK households, including Tory voting ones.
(10-06-2021, 06:15 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I've just watched it on You Tube. Content aside the reason Starmer can't land a punch on Johnson is that he's relentlessly negative. Meanwhile Johnson channels everything positive about the UK from the Paralympics to the huge number of UK Unicorns and everything in between. He's able to genuinely laugh at himself and tells jokes which don't appear to have been scripted by committee.

This report doesn’t back your argument up
(10-07-2021, 10:11 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: This report doesn’t back your argument up

Oh goodness please. A poll of 1,305 people were shown "sections" of both speeches and asked to opine?

What's more meaningful? That, or today's YouGov that shows the Tories 8 points ahead before BoJo's speech?

You should have taken 1.16 at Smarkets, it's now in to 1.06.
(10-07-2021, 10:28 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 10:11 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: This report doesn’t back your argument up

Oh goodness please. A poll of 1,305 people were shown "sections" of both speeches and asked to opine?

What's more meaningful? That, or today's YouGov that shows the Tories 8 points ahead before BoJo's speech?

You should have taken 1.16 at Smarkets, it's now in to 1.06.

YouGov - part owned by Nadhim Zahawi, not so much representing people’s opinion but rather influencing them. 

Slowly but surely the bullshit slogans, the meaningless ‘policies’ will unravel as will the lies as people hoodwinked by the clown and the circus around him fail to deliver. They will of course lie, blame others, gaslight and use client journalists to negate this, so we shall see to what extent those people will be able to admit to themselves they were conned or carry on lying to themselves that everything is great.
(10-07-2021, 11:29 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: YouGov - part owned by Nadhim Zahawi, not so much representing people’s opinion but rather influencing them. 

I didn't have you down as a conspiracy theorist. So let's have your evidence for that bizarre contention.
Johnson goes on holiday. What crisis?

[Image: FBUiIYEWUAMH_fQ?format=jpg&name=small]
Short on substance. Long on soundbites
(10-07-2021, 11:35 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 11:29 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: YouGov - part owned by Nadhim Zahawi, not so much representing people’s opinion but rather influencing them. 

I didn't have you down as a conspiracy theorist. So let's have your evidence for that bizarre contention.

He's waiting for the Guardian editorial to copy and paste.