Sorry, but this Manager ain't right for us....
(09-25-2021, 10:23 AM)Psalm23 Wrote: Fucking hell, some of the shit posted on this board lately wouldn't be out of place on Seal Central, or Molyspew Mix, get a grip FFS, we're 9 games into a project, we're unbeaten, & averaging 2+ points per game. 
Things ain't perfect but there's lots of time, & room for improvement, give the coach & the team a bit of time FFS.

Is the correct and only sensible answer, i honestly think some of our fans don't live in the real world.
(09-25-2021, 10:25 AM)Cuzer Wrote: The players are fully behind the manager, I can categorically state that

Anybody who hears anything coming out of the training ground it’s nothing but 100% positive

Cuzer

Very good to know.
(09-25-2021, 10:35 AM)baggie_ray Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 10:33 AM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote: You can spend many years watching films but it doesn't mean you've become a great actor.

Has Cantona entered the room?  Tongue

It is because when fans watch football for many years, they think managers are shitter than them
(09-25-2021, 10:44 AM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 10:33 AM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote: You can spend many years watching films but it doesn't mean you've become a great actor.

It is because when fans watch football for many years, they think managers are shitter than them

Now that is true!!!
(09-25-2021, 10:49 AM)baggie_ray Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 10:44 AM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote:

Now that is true!!!
It has to be. It's in a French accent
Footy fans being thick as shit? Never.
Talking of boo boys, there were similar toxic elements at our games following previous relegations to the Chump, I remember Kiely, Carson and Olssen reacting to the negativity during various games home and away. It's probably a sense of Prem entitlement rubbing off on people and a warped belief that we can just stroll back to the Prem. Ironically, along with Norwich we've achieved more promotions to the Prem than any other team. Even more ironically being in the Prem is generally meaningless, finances apart (?), whilst the Chump offers loads of truly competitive games, like last night.
I think VI has the respect of the players and the interview last night showed that this is more than reciprocated. He was full of praise for the way we kept going, and deserves great credit for winning what looked like a lost game through fitness, endeavour and a switch that did ultimately win us the game.

Booing at HT was a bit daft; booing the sub I didn’t understand either. It’s possible to voice disagreement without doing this, or simply by just not attending. Isn’t gonna help anyone booing things. So whilst it did look senseless to leave Grant on at the time when Grady was playing quite well, Grant did score the goals (one dubious of course but he still found the net ultimately). So VI was proven right to do this, and whoever booed now looks a bit daft; at least that’s the way the stats show it and the way VI will see it.

I also noticed that when the press became less intense during the second half, QPR stopped defending quite so deeply in numbers and the gaps began to open up. However the effort and application was still there and it was just enough to get us over the line. So whether this was a tactical adjustment rather than and out-and-out ‘Plan B’, if it was an intended change then again it’s one that VI implemented successfully.

So it’s not hard to see why the coach maybe feeling a bit miffed with the fans, perhaps evidenced by going straight down the tunnel. But whilst that is his prerogative, I hope he doesn’t dwell on it because - although our fitness and game management may have salvaged a lost game successfully - it certainly wasn’t a perfect performance and the starting lineup and deployment of certain players in certain positions (although compromised a little by injuries) was not perfect either.

I’m happy enough with the start we’ve had under VI, and he does deserve the benefit of the doubt when he isn’t working with a squad with quite as much quality as that Big Dave had, Bilic had, or even what RDM or Mowbray had; and nor I feel is the admin above quite as slick and decisive as it was during the JRP era. Whilst promotion is obviously expected (and there is nothing wrong with that), I think some of our fans would do well to remember this, and also that he’s still learning himself, and still a very fresh face.
(09-25-2021, 10:37 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 10:23 AM)Psalm23 Wrote: Fucking hell, some of the shit posted on this board lately wouldn't be out of place on Seal Central, or Molyspew Mix, get a grip FFS, we're 9 games into a project, we're unbeaten, & averaging 2+ points per game. 
Things ain't perfect but there's lots of time, & room for improvement, give the coach & the team a bit of time FFS.

Is the correct and only sensible answer, i honestly think some of our fans don't live in the real world.

Totally agree.
Where I disagree, Ferenc, is that players were also shit scared of Ferguson and Mourinho. Managerial styles are often different while the result can be equally satisfying. 
I despair at the way we treat the ball like a hot potato but I love the way the players keep going hell for leather. Like him or not, judge him after one more transfer window when he has had a chance to address where we are (or where Val believes we are) lacking.
Right now it appears the biscuit tin is empty and we need someone that can get a result out of 5 loaves and two fishes.
I didn't boo, and don't agree with it at HT. It achieves nothing. But I can understand why the team were booed off, we were awful in the first half.

The substitution was baffling, at the time. Of course hindsight makes the sub look like a masterstroke, but at the time, I think all in attendance would've taken off Grant. But it's easier to be manager in the stands, than on the touchline, isn't it?

Ultimately people pay for their tickets, and take time out of their lives to watch the match. It's up to them how they react, and if they feel the product they're getting isn't satisfactory, they're within their right to make their thoughts known.
Clarnet v2.0