Remainer pre Brexit 'facts' come true.
(10-07-2021, 04:14 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 11:51 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 10:38 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Nothing to see here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...rd-quarter

Do you read the articles you post? 

Did you actually read the second quotation from that fella?

Talk about accentuating the negative...

The second comment just says that there are more jobs than people - "it's a candidate led market" and I'll repeat what I said (the bit you edited out of the response), there are more jobs than candidates because it is a mushrooming market with all of the extra red tape being created. I'm getting companies and agencies calling me two or three times a week because of the new UK Sox requirements. Incredible how one of the key tenants of the whole Brexit shitshow was to reduce red tape and the exact opposite is happening - you appear strangely silent on that point. 

Like I say no problems from me, compliance and red tape is my field, Sox is my niche market, but wait until companies realise how onerous the process is and they have to recruit a whole department to deal with it - that will be one expensive department of cost that will hit the bottom line. 

Less red tape - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, drip drip drip of more costs and bad news and you still defend it.

“The recruitment market has turned to become a candidate-led market with candidates having multiple different options on the go, which requires institutions to move quickly when hiring.”
(10-08-2021, 07:46 AM)baggy1 Wrote:

The second comment just says that there are more jobs than people - "it's a candidate led market" and I'll repeat what I said (the bit you edited out of the response), there are more jobs than candidates because it is a mushrooming market with all of the extra red tape being created. I'm getting companies and agencies calling me two or three times a week because of the new UK Sox requirements. Incredible how one of the key tenants of the whole Brexit shitshow was to reduce red tape and the exact opposite is happening - you appear strangely silent on that point. 

Like I say no problems from me, compliance and red tape is my field, Sox is my niche market, but wait until companies realise how onerous the process is and they have to recruit a whole department to deal with it - that will be one expensive department of cost that will hit the bottom line. 

Less red tape - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, drip drip drip of more costs and bad news and you still defend it.

“The recruitment market has turned to become a candidate-led market with candidates having multiple different options on the go, which requires institutions to move quickly when hiring.”

To be fair though on the SoX side isn't that to some extent cured by auditable ERP systems with control over accesses, approvals etc.? I know it doesn't displace everything but by investing in decent software and elements of automation then some of these elements of bureaucracy are easily overcome.

<says the man who works for an SAP partner  Smile >
(10-08-2021, 07:56 AM)Fido Wrote:

To be fair though on the SoX side isn't that to some extent cured by auditable ERP systems with control over accesses, approvals etc.? I know it doesn't displace everything but by investing in decent software and elements of automation then some of these elements of bureaucracy are easily overcome.

I'd love to think so Fido but I've been running Sox for 15 years for US and Japanese listed companies with UK / EU presence. It really is a labour intensive field because the whole premise is that management sign off on the controls in place. Those controls need testing regularly to allow the management certifications to take place with the knowledge that all is ok - even the ITGC controls (through SAP for instance) need testing albeit with a reduced sample.

Managers can't just place reliance on the systems, their sign off is saying they are confident they are working. The consequences for management are very serious - jail time if they sign off something that later is found out to be allowing bad practices to take place.

And it's SOx - 2 senators Sarbanes and Oxley have basically kept me in work for 15 years and paid off my mortgage early whilst helping me see the world on the company. I thank them dearly  Big Grin
(10-08-2021, 08:03 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 11:51 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Do you read the articles you post? 

I'd love to think so Fido but I've been running Sox for 15 years for US and Japanese listed companies with UK / EU presence. It really is a labour intensive field because the whole premise is that management sign off on the controls in place. Those controls need testing regularly to allow the management certifications to take place with the knowledge that all is ok - even the ITGC controls (through SAP for instance) need testing albeit with a reduced sample.

Managers can't just place reliance on the systems, their sign off is saying they are confident they are working. The consequences for management are very serious - jail time if they sign off something that later is found out to be allowing bad practices to take place.

And it's SOx - 2 senators Sarbanes and Oxley have basically kept me in work for 15 years and paid off my mortgage early whilst helping me see the world on the company. I thank them dearly  Big Grin
I knew it as Sarbox (I was wondering what Sox was - sounds like a Yank Dog's name or summat).

I am hammered with extra work and fighting fires caused by the the mess and lack of preparation from 1 Jan and ignorance of how things actually work from Boris and his cirque des clunes.  But a lot wealthier and even though I do a lot of work pro bono.
(10-08-2021, 08:03 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 11:51 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Do you read the articles you post? 

We do a fair amount in the area as a matter of course whereby you have approvals for purchases and then only those managers have access to approve certain things to a certain value and it's auditable under their systems accesses and logged in the system. Similarly access to supplier details; one person enters the supplier data and another has access to enter their bank details and attach a headed letter that details the bank account and so on. If you can then prove this system-wise then it gets you over some of the hurdles.
(10-08-2021, 12:08 PM)Fido Wrote: We do a fair amount in the area as a matter of course whereby you have approvals for purchases and then only those managers have access to approve certain things to a certain value and it's auditable under their systems accesses and logged in the system. Similarly access to supplier details; one person enters the supplier data and another has access to enter their bank details and attach a headed letter that details the bank account and so on. If you can then prove this system-wise then it gets you over some of the hurdles.

Absolutely - and it works well in general and it does reduce the amount of testing, not the mapping, annual assessment, and documentation unfortunately but once in place it becomes an easy annual churn with a sample of one and not 26.

But the hurdle wasn't there at all a couple of years ago and it seems strange to me (trust me I'm not complaining) that one of the big points of leaving the EU was to reduce red tape and then we introduce Sox in the 1st year.
(10-08-2021, 07:46 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Incredible how one of the key tenants of the whole Brexit shitshow was to reduce red tape and the exact opposite is happening - you appear strangely silent on that point. 

Tenets was the word you were looking for, and I'm not really silent on that issue; I'd have been happy with Singapore on Thames, but it appears that the government is too terrified to put such a plan into action. There are small pockets of positive news such as the encouragement of gene-editing technology where we're a world leader - and where the UK could make a huge contribution to poverty reduction in the developing world and climate change.

Red tape has infected the country to such a degree that one of my clients sent me a "GDPR compliance" letter to countersign today, irrespective of the fact that we don't and never have held or processed any personal data.
Well your client doesn’t understand GDPR then, and clearly you don’t either if you can’t explain it to him.
Yeah that's just a misunderstanding of GDPR, not a fault if the very simple GDPR rules.