Coventry
(Yesterday, 09:00 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(Yesterday, 07:41 PM)Jack Halford Wrote: Mark Robins is a very underrated manager and has worked miracles there.

He really has. Some talk of him struggling with bigger budgets/ jobs.  Surprised he failed at Hudds

A manager I would of been interested in for us in the summer
I've a lot of friends through work who are Cov fans so I follow them quite a bit and watch on the firestick etc

Robins has worked wonders there and they have good players in all positions, their weakness is lack of depth, a couple of injuries could hurt them

They are a handful up top and in O'Hare have one of the best attacking midfielders in the division, I told them they would be dark horses for the play offs which they naturally dismissed, they are more pessimistic than us but they're a decent side if they can keep everybody fit and Robins deserves all the plaudits

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Robins has indeed done an excellent job at Coventry.

Very early days to be drawing conclusions about any other team, bar Fulham. Reading were flying high for much of the last season and didn't even finish in the play-offs.
(Yesterday, 10:16 PM)Cuzer Wrote: I've a lot of friends through work who are Cov fans so I follow them quite a bit and watch on the firestick etc

Robins has worked wonders there and they have good players in all positions, their weakness is lack of depth, a couple of injuries could hurt them

They are a handful up top and in O'Hare have one of the best attacking midfielders in the division, I told them they would be dark horses for the play offs which they naturally dismissed, they are more pessimistic than us but they're a decent side if they can keep everybody fit and Robins deserves all the plaudits

Cuzer

Sounds familiar!
(9 hours ago)Squid Wrote: Robins has indeed done an excellent job at Coventry.

Very early days to be drawing conclusions about any other team, bar Fulham. Reading were flying high for much of the last season and didn't even finish in the play-offs.

I touted Robins for us before when we are messing around with Wagner and others. Especially given his working relationship with Richard Stevens who runs our academy.

Hes done an excellent job there down the years with no money and a quite frankly ludicrous ownership. 

Very surprised no one has taken a punt on him yet.
(Yesterday, 10:16 PM)Cuzer Wrote: I've a lot of friends through work who are Cov fans so I follow them quite a bit and watch on the firestick etc

Cuzer

Think having a home stadium has given them a shot in the arm too, as fans have come back at the same time.

If they can keep key players fit, they should be one of the teams pushing for playoffs, big fan of Robins too.
(2 hours ago)Birdman1811 Wrote:

Cuzer

Think having a home stadium has given them a shot in the arm too, as fans have come back at the same time.

If they can keep key players fit, they should be one of the teams pushing for playoffs, big fan of Robins too.

Nah, they had a good record at St Andrews as well.
(2 hours ago)Peachy Wrote:
(9 hours ago)Squid Wrote: Robins has indeed done an excellent job at Coventry.

I touted Robins for us before when we are messing around with Wagner and others. Especially given his working relationship with Richard Stevens who runs our academy.

Hes done an excellent job there down the years with no money and a quite frankly ludicrous ownership. 

Very surprised no one has taken a punt on him yet.

They ought to be naming a stand after Robins for all he's done for that club in the last few years. 

Not sure what his ceiling is however... he seems really well suited to Coventry and what they're trying to do. Not sure how he would perform given money and expectations as he's never really had to manage under them.