Brexit Gains 2
Lent will be a walk in the park
(09-16-2021, 08:27 AM)Baggybenny Wrote: Lent will be a walk in the park

Big Grin
No supply chain issues to see here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58582860
(09-16-2021, 10:22 AM)baggy1 Wrote: No supply chain issues to see here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58582860

Whoah I imagine a stern email citing ten or so links to random Googled reports will be sent to Mark’s and Spencer’s pointing out how wrong they are.

Global Britain at its finest!
Good news, according to The Times people will soon be able to use only an objectively inferior measures system instead of the current situation of being able to use said inferior measures system in parallel with the vastly superior one.

Fun fact, by virtue of the metric system being objectively inferior imperial measures are defined by their metric equivalents in law so in effect using imperial measurements is just an awkward way of using the metric system akin to cooking dinner for two in tonnes and microlitres.
(09-16-2021, 07:02 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Good news, according to The Times people will soon be able to use only an objectively inferior measures system instead of the current situation of being able to use said inferior measures system in parallel with the vastly superior one.

Fun fact, by virtue of the metric system being objectively inferior imperial measures are defined by their metric equivalents in law so in effect using imperial measurements is just an awkward way of using the metric system akin to cooking dinner for two in tonnes and microlitres.

Don't disagree with that at all. Ludicrous thing to come out with.
(09-17-2021, 07:37 AM)Fido Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 07:02 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Good news, according to The Times people will soon be able to use only an objectively inferior measures system instead of the current situation of being able to use said inferior measures system in parallel with the vastly superior one.

They will be telling British TV producers to create British TV next!

"My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it."
(09-17-2021, 09:04 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

We are regressing at an alarming rate. My cynicism suspects this is to appease the US with regards to imports, or it’s just red meat nonsense to appease those over 50!
(09-17-2021, 09:38 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 09:04 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

We are regressing at an alarming rate. My cynicism suspects this is to appease the US with regards to imports, or it’s just red meat nonsense to appease those over 50!

I'm fluent in metric and imperial and often weave between the two.  Avoirdupois (which I keep in my locker). Voila!