Brexit Gains 2
The only figures that showed they were higher were the ONS where the definition of an export has been expanded to cover items that haven't had any value added to them within the UK with there being zero reinterpretation of figures for previous years, they're junk for direct comparisons before Q1 2021 and there's zero capacity to extrapolate. Stop citing them, it's junk data.
Not quite sure what you’re saying but do I assume you want me to stop citing experts, independent bodies and trade associations? The very sources I am constantly told are the ones to listen to and that I ignore.   
What a shit response.

I'm telling you not to misrepresent data, ONS exports from before Q4 2020 and after Q1 2021 do not count the same things, the latter includes more things as exports. Therefore, they aren't like for like. As the ONS hasn't applied the same methodology to revise previous figures you cannot compare pre-2020 export numbers with the figures for 2021. There's a valid reason as to why the ONS have made that change but the data cannot be applied in the manner that yourself and mathematically illiterate journalists are applying it.

If you want to look at Eurostat data, imports to EU nations are down over the same timeframe. While Eurostat isn't perfect the key thing about it is that it hasn't changed its reference to what an export/import is so therefore, unlike the ONS data, it's like-for-like and directly comparable.
Germany needs us!
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/14363...24010.html

Great opportunity for advertisers and data mining companies in post-Brexit Britain, albeit with the caveat of eroding digital rights and making it harder for individuals to obtain data about themselves.
(09-09-2021, 09:18 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Germany needs us!

You’ve obviously forgotten to mention this;

‘BERLIN (Reuters) - German exports to the United Kingdom fell by 30% on the year in January as the impact of Brexit turned Europe’s largest economy away from the UK, exacerbating the hit to business from the coronavirus pandemic, official figures showed on Tuesday.’

“Since 2016 - the year of the Brexit referendum - German exports to the UK have steadily declined,” Germany’s Federal Statistics Office said
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-germany-economy-britain-idUSKBN2AU0QZ

‘Exports to other non-EU countries besides Britain fell by 10.3% and imports by 13.9%.’
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/09/uk-germany-trade-slumps-brexit-covid

Just imagine if the BBC Politics team actually did there job you might get reports like this… 

Brexit reality
Derek Hardballs would accept the Euro just to get back into the European Union
(09-13-2021, 07:51 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Just imagine if the BBC Politics team actually did there job you might get reports like this… 

Just imagine if you hadn’t ignored this! ;

German exports to the United Kingdom fell by 30% on the year in January as the impact of Brexit turned Europe’s largest economy away from the UK, exacerbating the hit to business from the coronavirus pandemic, official figures showed on Tuesday.”

“Since 2016 - the year of the Brexit referendum - German exports to the UK have steadily declined,” Germany’s Federal Statistics Office said

‘Exports to other non-EU countries besides Britain fell by 10.3% and imports by 13.9%.’
From Alexis Conran 

Barely a year since the EU-U.K. Trade and Cooperation agreement has been in place (with the tricky parts still to be enforced) and we have appointed a minister to ‘save Christmas’