GB News
Feels a bit like when the Today newspaper launched.

It's no bad thing that a different news channel has launched, whatever your views.
(06-16-2021, 07:19 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Just tuned in out of curiosity this morning.
It makes GMTV look classy FFS!

I've been dipping in a few times a day to see what it's like. I'm trying to be open minded about it because my twattish MP has been championing it on the Twatter for months, even though in one tweet they told him frankly that he wouldn't be invited on because "we are only interested in reporting the truth". It was that last comment that made me think it may not be the right wing echo chamber many were hoping for.

The technical issues of the first 2 days e.g. audio/video out of sync, poor lighting, guests sounding like Rob Brydon's small man in a box are gradually being ironed out. But the biggest problem is they don't report much news. Whenever I tune in, I'm seeing their presenters haughtily telling me what they think.

So yeah, making the competition look pretty good so far.
(06-16-2021, 07:42 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 07:19 AM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Just tuned in out of curiosity this morning.
It makes GMTV look classy FFS!

I've been dipping in a few times a day to see what it's like. I'm trying to be open minded about it because my twattish MP has been championing it on the Twatter for months, even though in one tweet they told him frankly that he wouldn't be invited on because "we are only interested in reporting the truth". It was that last comment that made me think it may not be the right wing echo chamber many were hoping for.

The technical issues of the first 2 days e.g. audio/video out of sync, poor lighting, guests sounding like Rob Brydon's small man in a box are gradually being ironed out. But the biggest problem is they don't report much news. Whenever I tune in, I'm seeing their presenters haughtily telling me what they think.

So yeah, making the competition look pretty good so far.

Isn’t that just a problem with 24 hour news? If there isn’t much going on to report (especially when you’re wilfully ignoring half the stories out there) then you do resort to editorialising.

I really can’t see it lasting too long. It’s launching with a lot of hot air and bluster with people tuning in for a gawp but ultimately if i’s just a series of red faces presenters getting furious at “woke” people then it won’t endure. People will get bored, sponsors won’t want to know (already pulling out) and at some point around Christmas Andrew Neil will realise he has committed career suicide.
I'll be honest, until yesterday I'd never even heard of it! Only saw that some advertisers had pulled their ads, and that some were being advertised even though they hadn't asked to be!

24 hour news simply serves no purpose in my life, as others said there's just not enough going on to warrant it. And i hate it when you flick on a new channel and it's regurgitating the same thing every 30 minutes or so, with nothing new to add.
You can see why its nicknamed Gbeeebies Big Grin
(06-16-2021, 07:52 AM)MassDebater Wrote: I'll be honest, until yesterday I'd never even heard of it! Only saw that some advertisers had pulled their ads, and that some were being advertised even though they hadn't asked to be!

24 hour news simply serves no purpose in my life, as others said there's just not enough going on to warrant it. And i hate it when you flick on a new channel and it's regurgitating the same thing every 30 minutes or so, with nothing new to add.

Same here.
(06-15-2021, 11:12 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: A bit shit, ay it.

Looked a bit amateurish. Saying that no worse than BBC or Sky News
Andrew Neil, what a twat that bloke is.

Today I'll be interrupting [insert name of guest] every few seconds and by the end of the interview you'll be none the wiser and resent the time you'll never get back. Did I mention the bloke's a twat?
(06-16-2021, 09:02 AM)Ossian Wrote: Andrew Neil, what a twat that bloke is.

Today I'll be interrupting [insert name of guest] every few seconds and by the end of the interview you'll be none the wiser and resent the time you'll never get back. Did I mention the bloke's a twat?

Did like him humiliating Ben Shapiro though.
It does look quite amateur but the fact that advertisers are pulling out for political reasons seems to give the founders point about cancel culture some legs.
I hope it gets it act together and grows, after all the BBC have been banging on about how good diversity is and here is a channel as different from the BBC agenda as you can get