GB News
(06-16-2021, 10:03 AM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: Out of interest, where do you buy your homewares, Proth?

Lee Longlands. And I don't have to put them together either.

(06-16-2021, 10:31 AM)Duffers Wrote: So the alternative to the BBC isn’t very good and it’s the BBC’s fault?

No, and partly Yes.
Genuinely thought Lee Longlands had gone bust. Every day's a school day.
(06-16-2021, 01:24 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: Genuinely thought Lee Longlands had gone bust. Every day's a school day.

Nope, in rude health in several Midlands' county towns. Ideal advertiser for GB News actually.
(06-16-2021, 10:24 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 09:07 AM)Sotv Wrote: It does look quite amateur but the fact that advertisers are pulling out for political reasons seems to give the founders point about cancel culture some legs.
I hope it gets it act together and grows, after all the BBC have been banging on about how good diversity is and here is a channel as different from the BBC agenda as you can get

Advertisers have currently pulled for a number of reasons. Some because they weren’t aware that the agency I assume that looks after their advertising had agreed they could be shown, others because they think the channel is not inclusive and doesn’t fit into their brands values. That’s their choice as a free market business rather than ahem ‘cancel’ culture. 

If a station is going to weaponise terms like ‘woke’ and have a echo-chamber of opinion where ‘alternative facts’ are normal then don’t be surprised if some businesses won’t endorse that brand / channel with their product. 

The idea that Sky and the BBC are the opposite end of spectrum of broadcasting in terms of news is daft. The opposite of GB news would be pro-republic, anti-monarch, Corbynite news agenda and have guest such as Owen Jones etc on every hour.

Cancel culture is the attempt to silence opinions you don't like via the threat of income removal.
 If you think removing advertising from a channel whose opinions you don't agree with doesn't fall into that category, then you are as deluded as those from B6. 
Think your last paragraph pretty much sums up C4 doesn't it?
(06-16-2021, 01:39 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 10:24 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 09:07 AM)Sotv Wrote: It does look quite amateur but the fact that advertisers are pulling out for political reasons seems to give the founders point about cancel culture some legs.
I hope it gets it act together and grows, after all the BBC have been banging on about how good diversity is and here is a channel as different from the BBC agenda as you can get

Advertisers have currently pulled for a number of reasons. Some because they weren’t aware that the agency I assume that looks after their advertising had agreed they could be shown, others because they think the channel is not inclusive and doesn’t fit into their brands values. That’s their choice as a free market business rather than ahem ‘cancel’ culture. 

If a station is going to weaponise terms like ‘woke’ and have a echo-chamber of opinion where ‘alternative facts’ are normal then don’t be surprised if some businesses won’t endorse that brand / channel with their product. 

The idea that Sky and the BBC are the opposite end of spectrum of broadcasting in terms of news is daft. The opposite of GB news would be pro-republic, anti-monarch, Corbynite news agenda and have guest such as Owen Jones etc on every hour.

Cancel culture is the attempt to silence opinions you don't like via the threat of income removal.
 If you think removing advertising from a channel whose opinions you don't agree with doesn't fall into that category, then you are as deluded as those from B6. 
Think your last paragraph pretty much sums up C4 doesn't it?

However, surely part of the free market is to determine where you advertise?

I certainly wouldn't want a brand I represent advertised on there.
Companies should be made to advertise on GB News.
(06-16-2021, 01:50 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: Companies should be made to advertise on GB News.

PC gone mad pal, I'm furious that a company dare retract their advertisements from a Gammon News.
In the form of his life.
(06-16-2021, 01:50 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: Companies should be made to advertise on GB News.

Where are you going with this, more ads means less "news" ? Big Grin
(06-16-2021, 01:34 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 01:24 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: Genuinely thought Lee Longlands had gone bust. Every day's a school day.

Nope, in rude health in several Midlands' county towns. Ideal advertiser for GB News actually.

Which showroom do you go to? Broad Street? Cheltenham? Leam? Abingdon?
Also. What is 'woke' and what's so bad about being fair and kind to everyone? Is it better to be misogynistic, homophobic, racist or transphobic for example. Do people want to be allowed to be that? If so I get it. It reiterates why I hate the human race as much as I do, but at least I get it.