June 21st - end of Covid restrictions
Can’t see it myself. Not with the Indian variant rampaging through the country.  Good job it wasn’t a lethal variant as it shows once again how shite the government have been handling Covid. 

Rant over.  Duffers, go fetch your cartoon image.
I told you I’ll be back
I have a small interest in a business affected, we would much prefer to be told now that it will be delayed to save time and money prepping for nothing. This contestant game of last minute fuck ups is bullshit.
The country has to end lockdown restrictions. Distance, masks and extra hygiene can remain.
At current levels Covid will continue to take less then 500 poor souls a year, where as the flu takes 10,000
We must get back to reality.
A couple of weeks delay to allow for more vaccinations should mean that we can get back to normal. Numbers in hospital rising at about 10% a week currently and we need to get that back to level or falling.
(06-11-2021, 02:27 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Can’t see it myself. Not with the Indian variant rampaging through the country.  Good job it wasn’t a lethal variant as it shows once again how shite the government have been handling Covid. 

You're not allowed to call it the Indian variant FF, you evil racist- do you not know the untold damage you're doing despite buying their spices on the Stratford Rd? It's delta!
(06-11-2021, 03:03 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 02:27 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Can’t see it myself. Not with the Indian variant rampaging through the country.  Good job it wasn’t a lethal variant as it shows once again how shite the government have been handling Covid. 

You're not allowed to call it the Indian variant FF, you evil racist- do you not know the untold damage you're doing despite buying their spices on the Stratford Rd? It's delta!

Exactly, we've got Delta, Beta, gamma and UK :p
I am due to get married (again) on the 26th, so I have some invested emotion to the relaxing of the rules.

But from a purely logical perspective there isn't really any data to support not releasing the country. But would 100% understand them holding off for one month to model the vaccine roll outs efficacy further.
(06-11-2021, 03:21 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: I am due to get married (again) on the 26th, so I have some invested emotion to the relaxing of the rules.

But from a purely logical perspective there isn't really any data to support not releasing the country. But would 100% understand them holding off for one month to model the vaccine roll outs efficacy further.

It is a real shame that people like yourselves have made plans and may have to reduce numbers (we were invited to a wedding at the start of July), especially as it will probably hit you in the pocket as well probably. I can see that the increased numbers in hospital causing the problem and hopefully, alongside any announcement, they will spell out why the numbers are rising (age groups / vacinated once, twice or not at all etc) which will add a bit of context as to what is happening.

Good luck with the wedding
(06-11-2021, 03:21 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: I am due to get married (again) on the 26th, so I have some invested emotion to the relaxing of the rules.

If she’s the dingle, you should thank Boris for the delay Big Grin
I told you I’ll be back
I thought I heard that even if the plans changed and the release was delayed after the 21st that weddings would be allowed more than 30 guests