Lampard
(06-11-2021, 01:43 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 12:06 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Aint he in line for Palace now that Nuno's backroom team aren't being allowed?

I'm honestly struggling to keep up with all the changes, can't recall a post/pre season manager merry go round quite like this one!

I still think Lampard may end up at Bournemouth.

Their managerial hunt is really flying under the radar at the moment.

I think Parker will end up at Bournemouth and Lampard at Fulham.
(06-11-2021, 01:46 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: Always thought Bobby DiM was let down by the players (as well as himself, admittedly) as we saw the minute after he was botted out (can't recall the game but we played brilliantly if memory serves).

Was that the West Ham game that Appleton took charge of?
(06-11-2021, 03:12 PM)baggie_ray Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 01:46 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: Always thought Bobby DiM was let down by the players (as well as himself, admittedly) as we saw the minute after he was botted out (can't recall the game but we played brilliantly if memory serves).

Funnily enough, when I was writing it I thought it may have been.  OK, we were brilliant for the 1st 45 minutes!

Funnily enough, when I was writing it I thought it may have been.  OK, we were brilliant for the 1st 45 minutes!
(06-11-2021, 03:31 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote:

I think a large factor in RDM's fortunes that season was the loss of Olsson. We were going great guns until he got injured. He came back for RDM's last match (a defeat at Man City) and played to the end of the season, where we lost only two games subsequently.

I think Roy benefited greatly from having Olsson in the side. I do wonder if that could have been RDM benefitting greatly instead.

Still, we ended up with a capable manager so no disaster in the long run.

Appleton was 1st team coach under RDM as I recall. Then Roy's assistant