We don’t need no education...
For someone who advocates ‘least worst’ that appears to be quite a blind defence of rhe current government
Not really, just an aversion to another £15 billion we haven't got being spent. Where does is it end?
(06-07-2021, 04:38 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Not really, just an aversion to another £15 billion we haven't got being spent. Where does is it end?

£15bn is chump change, especially as it was to be spread out over multiple years.

Hell, the £1.4bn is spread out over multiple years.

You've clamoured on about the impact the pandemic is having on about children but now it's too expensive? Not to mention the long term cost impact from not addressing the gap.
Add all those £15 billions up for this and that and you end up in the state we're in now.
And if we don't address the issues now then it will cost us a damn sight more than the £15bn being proposed and put us into a worse state than we're already in, which is the point of putting a funding plan forward to invest in skills to mitigate the long term economic impact.
Similar arguments are used for every other £15 billion. FWIW I suggest far better targeting of any support towards the most deprived areas and an attempt to tackle those simply lost to the education system over the last eighteen months. The societal impacts of kids lost to gangs, and girls lost to servitude or forced marriage trump middle class hand wringing about "falling behind" IMO.
And similar arguments like yours has resulted in the taxpayer being shafted long term due to kicking the can down the road.

The proposed support was targeted, it's not a lump sum distributed equally. You should really read Sir Kevan Collin's resignation letter in the Times.
(06-08-2021, 09:36 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: You should really read Sir Kevan Collin's resignation letter in the Times.

I've been too busy complaining to The Times about them printing the wrong equity prices on Saturday & Monday.
(06-08-2021, 10:12 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 09:36 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: You should really read Sir Kevan Collin's resignation letter in the Times.

I've been too busy complaining to The Times about them printing the wrong equity prices on Saturday & Monday.

I didn't know you were in the Actors' Union?
(06-09-2021, 09:44 AM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 10:12 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

I didn't know you were in the Actors' Union?

I've reprised my flat top hairdo and will be auditioning for Top Gun - The Musical imminently.