Cummings
(05-26-2021, 07:37 PM)Sliced Wrote: It must be bizarre if you're one of those individuals who excused Cummings repeatedly. Now what do you do? Believe him or do a 180 and think he was only truthful when advising the conservatives?

You assume , and you are probably correct in that assumption that you are such a no mark, that no one can remember what you said 12 months ago
It's very simple to say that he either lies all of the time or he tells the truth all of the time. He clearly lies, everyone knows that, he covers his own arse as he did with the trip to Durham last year in the middle of a lockdown. I would also imagine that he is enjoying the maelstrom that he is causing at the moment. However, we also know that Matt Hancock was talking out of his arse last year when he talked of the protective ring being put around care homes, so whether Cummings is exaggerating the comments or not, we know that Hancock has lied to cover his own arse and is probably lying now to cover his own arse.

The problem Johnson has is that he would have known Hancock was lying at the time but did nothing, in the same way he knew Cummings was lying and did nothing. He can't sack Hancock for lying 12 months after he knew just because its out in the open now. Also Hancock is not going to resign, not because he thinks he is innocent but because he has no spine and will need the protection of the cabinet around him when the judgement is made on the Good Law Project case on PPE is made.
(05-27-2021, 08:07 AM)baggy1 Wrote: It's very simple to say that he either lies all of the time or he tells the truth all of the time. He clearly lies, everyone knows that, he covers his own arse as he did with the trip to Durham last year in the middle of a lockdown. I would also imagine that he is enjoying the maelstrom that he is causing at the moment. However, we also know that Matt Hancock was talking out of his arse last year when he talked of the protective ring being put around care homes, so whether Cummings is exaggerating the comments or not, we know that Hancock has lied to cover his own arse and is probably lying now to cover his own arse.

The problem Johnson has is that he would have known Hancock was lying at the time but did nothing, in the same way he knew Cummings was lying and did nothing. He can't sack Hancock for lying 12 months after he knew just because its out in the open now. Also Hancock is not going to resign, not because he thinks he is innocent but because he has no spine and will need the protection of the cabinet around him when the judgement is made on the Good Law Project case on PPE is made.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive... at some point you would hope that the voting public will realise the PM and his cabinet have absolutely feck all on.
I'd be disappointed if his ratings didn't go up, that seems to be the pattern.

One point that I don't get is why Hancock is taking credit for the vaccine rollout, I thought it was Nadim Zahawi that was running that show.
Notable that Cummings in his attempt to eviscerate Handcock didn't refer to the sleaze associated with him. Is that because of the sleaze associated with Cummings himself?
(05-27-2021, 10:46 AM)bradesbaggie Wrote: Notable that Cummings in his attempt to eviscerate Handcock didn't refer to the sleaze associated with him. Is that because of the sleaze associated with Cummings himself?

Delighted that Hancock got a much overdue shoeing.

How someone of so little apparent talent has managed senior positions under 3 different Prime Ministers is beyond belief.
(05-27-2021, 01:28 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 10:46 AM)bradesbaggie Wrote: Notable that Cummings in his attempt to eviscerate Handcock didn't refer to the sleaze associated with him. Is that because of the sleaze associated with Cummings himself?

How someone of so little apparent talent has managed senior positions under 3 different Prime Ministers is beyond belief.
You could be literally talking about anybody in the cabinet.

Is he actually anything to do with the vaccine roll out Proth, I thought Nadim Zahawi was is full charge of it - Hancock seems to like taking the credit for it.
(05-27-2021, 01:40 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

Is he actually anything to do with the vaccine roll out Proth, I thought Nadim Zahawi was is full charge of it - Hancock seems to like taking the credit for it.

That is my understanding too. Hancock is a Grade A Cnut.
Join the dots.

Dom is trying to tell us that he was more pro lockdown than most of the cabinet/advisers.

And yet he criticises the cabinets most ardent lockdown supporter, Matt Hancock.

How so?

Well may be because the cabinet member who also was pro lockdown, was his old boss, Michael Gove.

Is Cummings looking into the future of a post Johnson world, and one where being on the wrong side of the lockdown debate, will be detrimental to political ambition . Yes Rishi Sunak, eat out to help out might have earned you some short term popularity  but don't think it will survive an enquiry into the Gov't handling of the pandemic.

Sly old Dom.