I’m struggling to know who to trust
The Cummings versus Government face-off is quite a thing. Whose lying though?
[Image: C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg]
Both lying or exaggerating probably. It's been known. The opposition must be enjoying watching it unfold though.
Both. To what degree in each case is anyone’s guess!
After 7 hours of listening and occasionally checking work emails, my position is that Cummings doesn't like Carrie Symonds or Matt Hancock, Cummings wants Hancock sacked, Cummings wanks to a picture of Bill Gates every night, Cummings is the exact sort of short-sighted middle management twat I despise (you can't extrapolate Agile to huge teams like the whole public sector you moron, it falls apart and people get confused when it's applied to large teams let alone hundreds of thousands of people, stop talking about it), that Cummings still doesn't understand the concept or role of an engineer and that data applies itself like magic, that Cummings is reticent to provide actual proof on anything even to the Committee and that Cummings is buttering up Sunak/Gove for another run for power once Johnson steps down.

He's basically reiterated what was already public knowledge and just spun it against Hancock, Symonds and Johnson while shielding the rest of the Cabinet (mainly Sunak and Gove).
One thing - if Cummings knew he wasn't up to the job he'd been given, why did he stay in it?

The whole debate about herd immunity is also ridiculous, misunderstood and misrepresented.
(05-26-2021, 04:01 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote: One thing - if Cummings knew he wasn't up to the job he'd been given, why did he stay in it?

The whole debate about herd immunity is also ridiculous, misunderstood and misrepresented.

A year ago you would have defended everything and anything Cummings said just like those in the cabinet were doing.
Personally think Cummings is an smug odious snake full of his own importance,not saying the others are any better either,but Cummings comes across as a sly nasty piece of work imho.
(05-26-2021, 05:51 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 04:01 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote: One thing - if Cummings knew he wasn't up to the job he'd been given, why did he stay in it?

A year ago you would have defended everything and anything Cummings said just like those in the cabinet were doing.

1. My Tweet wasn't about Cummings and his credibility/veracity. However, he also seems to not understand herd immunity

2. Contrariwise, you would have been calling him a liar, denouncing him, calling for him to be arrested, accusing him of pursuing a herd immunity policy (which you don't understand either, and when it turns out he wasn't)

Apart from that, this is a great post.
(05-26-2021, 07:55 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 05:51 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

1. My Tweet wasn't about Cummings and his credibility/veracity. However, he also seems to not understand herd immunity

2. Contrariwise, you would have been calling him a liar, denouncing him, calling for him to be arrested, accusing him of pursuing a herd immunity policy (which you don't understand either, and when it turns out he wasn't)

Apart from that, this is a great post.

Says it all