Belarus Ryanair diversion
Ossian Wrote:I wonder what would have happened if the pilot of the airliner had said "We are already closer to Vilnius than Minsk and with a flight plan and landing arranged. We will continue and thanks for the heads-up"

The next and last two sounds he would hear would be a whoosh and a bang to end the flight ........... instead of that bloody bugle call.
(05-25-2021, 10:28 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
Ossian Wrote:I wonder what would have happened if the pilot of the airliner had said "We are already closer to Vilnius than Minsk and with a flight plan and landing arranged. We will continue and thanks for the heads-up"

The next and last two sounds he would hear would be a whoosh and a bang, to end the flight .......... instead of that bloody bugle call.

Small mercies an all that then
(05-25-2021, 10:24 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:

The next and last two sounds he would hear would be a whoosh and a bang to end the flight ........... instead of that bloody bugle call.

Small mercies an all that I suppose
Does beg the question though whether Lukashenko is enough of a barmpot to order one of his fighters to down a commercial airliner registered in another country.
(05-25-2021, 02:05 PM)Ossian Wrote: Does beg the question though whether Lukashenko is enough of a barmpot to order one of his fighters to down a commercial airliner registered in another country.

1. Yes he is.

2. He'd get Russia to do it for him
Ossian Wrote:Does beg the question though whether Lukashenko is enough of a barmpot to order one of his fighters to down a commercial airliner registered in another country.

Don't spect the Ryanair pilot was all that keen to find out Big Grin after all, I don't suppose there were that many that thought he was enough of a barmpot to basically hijack a Ryanair flight from Greece to Lithuania.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NgI4v2B...el=TheHill
(05-25-2021, 02:07 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 02:05 PM)Ossian Wrote: Does beg the question though whether Lukashenko is enough of a barmpot to order one of his fighters to down a commercial airliner registered in another country.

1. Yes he is.

2. He'd get Russia to do it for him
How do we know for sure they hadn't put a bomb on the plane just in case it refused to land?
Because it had Byelorussian agents onboard.