What should society do
All I hear from ‘liberals’ is perfectly healthy people’s ‘right’ not to have the vaccine. Happy to shout ‘civil liberties’ whenever they are challenged. Meanwhile the most vulnerable who cannot currently have the vaccine are ignored, marginalised and their civil liberties are tossed aside with abandon by many in society. There is no emphasis on responsibilities to others, just the belief that liberty of choice is theirs and theirs alone. It’s now been proven as far as I’m aware that those vaccinated reduce the spread of the disease but why worry about those at risk still if you place your ‘freedoms’ above everyone else’s.

A lack of vaccination increases the risk of more serious mutations of the virus, puts the most vulnerable at risk and die what? Some self important idea that an individual’s liberty is more important than other people’s right to live in a society that does not put them at risk.

I would personally ban any healthcare worker who wasn’t exempt due to health reasons from working in healthcare settings. Similarly I would do the same long term with any public facing worker. Also I’d try and make people understand that their rights are no more important than their responsibilities to others. Unfashionable as that opinion is with ‘liberals’ who would essentially throw the most vulnerable under the bus for the sake of other people’s ‘rights’!
Good job nobody on here has friends or relatives badly impacted by the vaccine. Just collateral damage I assume.
(05-24-2021, 08:36 AM)baggiebuckster Wrote: Good job nobody on here has friends or relatives badly impacted by the vaccine. Just collateral damage I assume.

Likewise I know thousands of families who would jump at the chance of having members of their family vaccinated. Imagine how they feel seeing others turning down the opportunity.
They didn't turn it down. They had it and now have problems as a result.
(05-24-2021, 08:28 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: All I hear from ‘liberals’ is perfectly healthy people’s ‘right’ not to have the vaccine. Happy to shout ‘civil liberties’ whenever they are challenged. Meanwhile the most vulnerable who cannot currently have the vaccine are ignored, marginalised and their civil liberties are tossed aside with abandon by many in society.  There is no emphasis on responsibilities to others, just the belief that liberty of choice is theirs and theirs alone. It’s now been proven as far as I’m aware that those vaccinated reduce the spread of the disease but why worry about those at risk still if you place your ‘freedoms’ above everyone else’s.

A lack of vaccination increases the risk of more serious mutations of the virus, puts the most vulnerable at risk and die what? Some self important idea that an individual’s liberty is more important than other people’s right to live in a society that does not put them at risk.

I would personally ban any healthcare worker who wasn’t exempt due to health reasons from working in healthcare settings. Similarly I would do the same long term with any public facing worker. Also I’d try and make people understand that their rights are no more important than their responsibilities to others. Unfashionable as that opinion is with ‘liberals’ who would essentially throw the most vulnerable under the bus for the sake of other people’s ‘rights’!

Given the flu vaccine presumably reduces transmission, have you had these views in the past in relation to people haven’t had that jab? The emphasis has always been on the vulnerable person to be vaccinated for flu, I’ve never ever heard of anyone being abused or called an anti vaxxer for not having that? Or is this a new thing? My guess if it’s barely ever crossed your mind in the past. I could be wrong. 

Banning people from public facing jobs? How about just round them up and put them on an island? Have you any idea what an absolute fascist nut job you sound? You may not agree but it is a fundamental human right to have bodily autonomy. You may disagree with their view, but ban from jobs? Jesus. I’ve also read on this board vile abuse towards people who don’t want the vaccine. Do you want to ban them from shopping too? I mean, how can those who can’t be vaccinated ever go to a shop? Check everyone is vaccinated in the milk aisle?

I think you and others (the anti vax thread on the main board) will be embarrassed in years to come about these generalisations about people who don’t want a vaccine, the abuse of them, and the far right sounding fascist insanity where some seem to be basically suggesting a type of “medical apartheid”. Some have good reasons, whether you agree or not. You and others seem to love to hate this group of people, and label them with the lazy phrase anti vaxxer. The hate does not make pretty reading.

(05-24-2021, 08:49 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 08:36 AM)baggiebuckster Wrote: Good job nobody on here has friends or relatives badly impacted by the vaccine. Just collateral damage I assume.

Likewise I know thousands of families who would jump at the chance of having members of their family vaccinated. Imagine how they feel seeing others turning down the opportunity.

The same as they’ve always felt about millions not having the flu jab? Not given it a thought? Actually no, that was before people used covid as a reason to hate a group of people just because you disagree with their choice, which is a fundamental human right.
(05-24-2021, 09:06 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 08:28 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: All I hear from ‘liberals’ is perfectly healthy people’s ‘right’ not to have the vaccine. Happy to shout ‘civil liberties’ whenever they are challenged. Meanwhile the most vulnerable who cannot currently have the vaccine are ignored, marginalised and their civil liberties are tossed aside with abandon by many in society.  There is no emphasis on responsibilities to others, just the belief that liberty of choice is theirs and theirs alone. It’s now been proven as far as I’m aware that those vaccinated reduce the spread of the disease but why worry about those at risk still if you place your ‘freedoms’ above everyone else’s.

Given the flu vaccine presumably reduces transmission, have you had these views in the past in relation to people haven’t had that jab? The emphasis has always been on the vulnerable person to be vaccinated for flu, I’ve never ever heard of anyone being abused or called an anti vaxxer for not having that? Or is this a new thing? My guess if it’s barely ever crossed your mind in the past. I could be wrong. 

Banning people from public facing jobs? How about just round them up and put them on an island? Have you any idea what an absolute fascist nut job you sound? You may not agree but it is a fundamental human right to have bodily autonomy. You may disagree with their view, but ban from jobs? Jesus. I’ve also read on this board vile abuse towards people who don’t want the vaccine. Do you want to ban them from shopping too? I mean, how can those who can’t be vaccinated ever go to a shop? Check everyone is vaccinated in the milk aisle?

I think you and others (the anti vax thread on the main board) will be embarrassed in years to come about these generalisations about people who don’t want a vaccine, the abuse of them, and the far right sounding fascist insanity where some seem to be basically suggesting a type of “medical apartheid”. Some have good reasons, whether you agree or not. You and others seem to love to hate this group of people, and label them with the lazy phrase anti vaxxer. The hate does not make pretty reading.

The same as they’ve always felt about millions not having the flu jab? Not given it a thought? Actually no, that was before people used covid as a reason to hate a group of people just because you disagree with their choice, which is a fundamental human right.

The safety of those who are vulnerable within a medical / health / educational / social care setting etc is also a human right. The Flu jab is available for almost all of those who need it. Equating the flu with Covid? You sound like Billy Basset!
(05-24-2021, 09:35 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 09:06 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

The safety of those who are vulnerable within a medical / health / educational / social care setting etc is also a human right. The Flu jab is available for almost all of those who need it. Equating the flu with Covid? You sound like Billy Basset!

No I’m not equating the flu with covid. I’m making one comparison in respect of a vaccine. The principle of vaccines is the same. Have you always shown such hatred towards those who haven’t had the flu jab? After all, they’re putting others at more risk, are they not? So why not hate for them in the past? Why not insist people in an educational setting be vaccinated against flu? I’m not comparing the actual diseases so don’t try that lazy argument on me. I’m comparing the principle of vaccination for both diseases.

The right to medical autonomy is not a “self important idea”. It is part of the Nuremberg code.

And you sound like a far right hate riddled fascist maniac by the way, who believes in a form of medical apartheid in which individuals are excluded from certain parts of society through their choice not to have a vaccine (coerced medical intervention is against the Nuremberg code). Trump would be proud of your divisive hatred, but there’s even worse than your comments on the anti vaxxer thread on the main board. You’re not even the biggest fascist on here!
Deleted post, IT issues
Good to see hyperbole isn't dead

FWIW I don't think anyone should be forced to have a vaccine nor should anyone be excluded from society for choosing not to have it, that's completely totalitarian. I do however, reserve my right to think anyone refusing the vaccine is an idiot scumbag who is endangering the lives of others through their own self-important stupidity.

If some wackjob who'd watched too many videos on facebook refused the vaccine and gave my old man covid, I would not be particularly forgiving of that person. Fortunately he's fully vaccinated now so it probably wouldn't kill him.
“Idiot scumbag”, kind of proves my point. Given many people have lost family to influenza, I wonder where this hatred has been for years and years for those who didn’t take the flu jab?

It is your right to think that yes, but it’s not pretty.