Examples of where the Muslamic religion is peaceful...
... I'd love our posting and or political posters to provide content and or examples of when the Muslim/Islamic religion has been peaceful. Be that in approach from outsiders of the Eastern or Western World. Be that of communications in eitherway. 

I put it to you that there are no examples (including historical encounters), where the Muslim/Islamic religion has been peaceful onto ward the Eastern or Western World.
(05-13-2021, 09:54 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: ... I'd love our posting and or political posters to provide content and or examples of when the Muslim/Islamic religion has been peaceful. Be that in approach from outsiders of the Eastern or Western World. Be that of communications in eitherway. 

I put it to you that there are no examples (including historical encounters), where the Muslim/Islamic religion has been peaceful onto ward the Eastern or Western World.

"Onto ward"?  "In eitherway"?  "No examples"? Too much tramp juice, I fear.

Leave this to the sober polemicists.  And totally peaceful ecumenical Christians.  The Crusades?  The Great Schism?  Pogroms?  St Barts's Day massacre? The Balkans (Christian split between Rome and the Eastern Orthodox nutters)? Norn Irn? Brierley Hill Alliance v Quarry Bank Celtic?  Baked beans v hummus?

A pox on all their houses and cider houses.
... and don’t let Sausage get started on veganism!
Fucking hell.
Where there is an Islamic majority there is often political totalitarianism; Whether that's from opportunists like Erdogan, proper Islamofacists in Iran, virtually secular bastards like Assad, or military fascists in Egypt. Islam needs to be seen within the context of living under the jackboot and suffering from rampant sectarianism.
Come on people
(05-14-2021, 08:07 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Where there is an Islamic majority there is often political totalitarianism; Whether that's from opportunists like Erdogan, proper Islamofacists in Iran, virtually secular bastards like Assad, or military fascists in Egypt. Islam needs to be seen within the context of living under the jackboot and suffering from rampant sectarianism.

If you can't take advantage of a population willing to believe things like their prophet rode to the moon on a horse then you shouldn't be in the dictatorship business.

(05-14-2021, 08:31 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Come on people

The world would be a better place without organized religion, starving those people who deem it appropriate to take advantage of their nation's credulity to further their own means. Surely that can't be deemed to be offensive?
(05-14-2021, 09:37 AM)Fido Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 08:07 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Where there is an Islamic majority there is often political totalitarianism; Whether that's from opportunists like Erdogan, proper Islamofacists in Iran, virtually secular bastards like Assad, or military fascists in Egypt. Islam needs to be seen within the context of living under the jackboot and suffering from rampant sectarianism.

If you can't take advantage of a population willing to believe things like their prophet rode to the moon on a horse then you shouldn't be in the dictatorship business.

Encapsulated beautifully. As I've said many times people get the governments they deserve. Fatuous beliefs in sky-fairies generally result in totalitarianism.
(05-14-2021, 10:31 AM)Mayo Wrote: And I have actually seen and met Santa so don't start denying that.

That was just Dubhs in his red nightgown after a month without shaving.

What he was  doing with a reindeer with a red nose in yer field, I won't speculate.
(05-14-2021, 10:31 AM)Mayo Wrote: The largest Muslim majority country in population terms is Indonesia where many westerners seem to like a holiday. They have elected government I think but no doubt have their problems with religious groups, a bit like the US. I agree with some comments re monotheistic religion in general and would prefer more reasonable and realistic religions where you have a group of flawed individuals, good and bad or both, such as Greek or Norse, which allow you to worship whatever you want. Maybe that's just me. And I have actually seen and met Santa so don't start denying that.

Another opportunity for a Hitch-ism:

"You can make good people do good things and you can make evil people to do evil things. But to make good people do bad things, you need religion".

The moment you make people believe they have God on their side then you can get them to do pretty much what you want. Indonesia is pretty stable now but the soldiers that went into East Timor would have been briefed that it was the will of Allah to go out murdering innocent souls.