Coming soon to Channel 5
It seems you are unable to condemn Johnson lies or lack of integrity, works both ways
I'll condemn his lies, there's the difference.
(05-12-2021, 11:46 AM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote: I'll condemn his lies, there's the difference.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/video...nest-video

Here's your chance
"The letter cites six examples of Johnson giving misleading information to MPs: saying the economy had grown by 73% under the Conservatives, when the figure covered the period since 1990 (including Labour’s term in office); saying CO2 emissions had been cut by 42% since 2010, when the real figure was by 38% since 1990; saying the nurses’ bursary had been restored, when the replacement arrangement is less generous; falsely saying the number of families living in poverty had been cut by 400,000 since 2010; falsely saying Bridgend was going to be a battery manufacturing centre; and saying Covid-related contracts had been published when they had not."

Is that it?

If he deliberately claimed credit since 1990 - that was wrong.

38% to 42% is no great difference, I think that's more likely to be a mistake.

The bursary claim isn't a lie, it is an accusation that the bursary restored isn't good enough. The lie is by people claiming that there was a lie, here.

I have no idea about the rest of the quote. If the claims were made when he knew they were wrong, those are lies and he should not have done it.

Your turn.
(05-12-2021, 11:56 AM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote: "The letter cites six examples of Johnson giving misleading information to MPs: saying the economy had grown by 73% under the Conservatives, when the figure covered the period since 1990 (including Labour’s term in office); saying CO2 emissions had been cut by 42% since 2010, when the real figure was by 38% since 1990; saying the nurses’ bursary had been restored, when the replacement arrangement is less generous; falsely saying the number of families living in poverty had been cut by 400,000 since 2010; falsely saying Bridgend was going to be a battery manufacturing centre; and saying Covid-related contracts had been published when they had not."

Is that it?

If he deliberately claimed credit since 1990 - that was wrong.

38% to 42% is no great difference, I think that's more likely to be a mistake.

The bursary claim isn't a lie, it is an accusation that the bursary restored isn't good enough. The lie is by people claiming that there was a lie, here.

I have no idea about the rest of the quote. If the claims were made when he knew they were wrong, those are lies and he should not have done it.

Your turn.

Here you go... you can google the crap out of the claims to support your rather football fan like support of this government...

It doesn't matter... as long as we win!
Again, as being as you are so in favour of probity, I am sure you won't have any problems condeming the remain lies either, will you?

It doesn't matter as long as we win?

Look in the mirror on the wall, Captain.

As for the article you link - from the Daily Mirror - I got as far as it saying that Brexit weouldn't be done by 31st jan 2020. Well, it was. We left. What then followed, post-exit, were discussions about the future relationship.

I don't think I'll bother going any further if that was the level it pitched at.
(05-12-2021, 12:11 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote: Again, as being as you are so in favour of probity, I am sure you won't have any problems condeming the remain lies either, will you?

It doesn't matter as long as we win?

Look in the mirror on the wall, Captain.

As for the article you link - from the Daily Mirror - I got as far as it saying that Brexit weouldn't be done by 31st jan 2020. Well, it was. We left. What then followed, post-exit, were discussions about the future relationship.

I don't think I'll bother going any further if that was the level it pitched at.

Apologies I was going to link a number of articles, theres so many to choose from this is the one I intended to be first. 

Keep waving the rattle and wearing the scarf
I had a look further down that Mirror article, it really is a paper by thick people for thick people. For several of the claims the Mirror is the liar for claiming that the PM lied.

And still no condemnation for the remain lies from any of you.

Keep wearing the blinkers and being hypocrites.
You're confusing lies with predictions.
It also appears that the CCJ entered is a default judgment. So almost certainly not an 'He can't afford it' situation.

Well, well.

There will be more to this. But by the time it comes out the media will be on the next spurious ground of attack, just like how they moved on from Dyson (to whom the BBC has today apologised for making false claims) and 'Let them pile high'.