Quick Decisions Needed
(05-10-2021, 08:02 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 07:09 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: What concerns me is that the squad members who are "ours" rather than on loan have shown little or no collective spirit, bottle, confidence or nous for well over twelve months. Even with the positive influence of a good and respected coach (do they respect Sam, have they ever, has that been part of the problem?), these players will not be able to up their game for a new and difficult challenge - especially without the loan players who have made such a difference to both quality and attitude.

I keep reading about the players who "would be good enough for the Championship". Without listing names, I reckon a lot of them just "aren't good enough". I think we need a major clear-out and and a new spine for the team. Yes that includes centre back where we like to think we could be OK. I'd like to see at least 5 new, better players in the starting XI next season. Let's put the Bilic era completely behind us.

You may be right about those unspecified players. Who knows.
But " put the Bilic era behind us"?
That'd be the manager who got us promoted from the league we're now in?
Isn't that rewriting history somewhat?

Where we are now I can't see anything left of the Bilic magic from late 2019. Pereira will probably be off. Diangana needs to rediscover himself, Livermore seems to be finished and Sawyers has flopped hopelessly. Sam J was the only other stand-out player - I think we will need to cash in on him.
(05-10-2021, 08:04 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: In the worst promotion we've achieved.

I don't get any of the love for Bilic, one of our weakest managers in the years since we first got promoted. Considering the abuse Moore got for his performance and he never had us on such a pathetic run of form as Bilic did.

I'd rather Irvine.

Wow!

That takes some understanding I have to say....

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(05-10-2021, 09:15 AM)Cuzer Wrote:

I don't get any of the love for Bilic, one of our weakest managers in the years since we first got promoted. Considering the abuse Moore got for his performance and he never had us on such a pathetic run of form as Bilic did.

I'd rather Irvine.

Wow!

Cuzer

I really don't like Bilic.
(05-10-2021, 09:45 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

I'd rather Irvine.

Wow!

Cuzer

Managed us like it was a boys social club. The biggest indictment of his tenure was how unfit our squad was for the start of the premier league campaign. Inexcusable.
(05-10-2021, 09:45 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

I'd rather Irvine.

Wow!

Cuzer

After 3 poor results: Moore doesn't know how to turn it around despite doing exactly the same thing earlier in the season. Get rid.

After a year of poor results: Why are we sacking Bilic. This 1-1 draw vs Man City shows that he can turn it around......despite literally having a career of not being able to turn it around once things turn to shit.
(05-10-2021, 08:08 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 04:58 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 09:02 PM)clem4england Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:59 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:58 PM)clem4england Wrote: That is very naive. No holding midfielder, no targetman, no midfielder with energy. No reserve full backs.

No striker at all really.

Stupid idea.
Get the impression a few posters on here think we can pretty much field any team next season and walk it....

Yep definitely seal like delusions im afraid.

The Chump will be the weakest it has been in years.  If we can't make the play-offs then something is seriously wrong.

Agreed we should make the play offs but wether we go upp via them is another matter. Unfortunately there are people on here who seem to think promotion is a given and already in the bag, a dangerous mind set in my opinion  this is Albion and we rarely do things the easy way.
(05-10-2021, 10:34 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 08:08 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 04:58 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 09:02 PM)clem4england Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:59 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: No striker at all really.

Stupid idea.
Get the impression a few posters on here think we can pretty much field any team next season and walk it....

Yep definitely seal like delusions im afraid.

The Chump will be the weakest it has been in years.  If we can't make the play-offs then something is seriously wrong.

Agreed we should make the play offs but wether we go upp via them is another matter. Unfortunately there are people on here who seem to think promotion is a given and already in the bag, a dangerous mind set in my opinion  this is Albion and we rarely do things the easy way.

Correct. I remember everyone bigging up Stoke when they were relegated alongside us, look how that turned out.

Yes, we have some decent players, but we pretty much have a absent midfield and very little upfront. Those are serious purchases we have to get right in addition to making the correct managerial performance. We then have to back the manager through a long and arduous season.

I'd rather Irvine.
Agreed.

I'd rather Irvine.

Wow!

Cuzer
Is there such a thing as a bad promotion?
I guess coming up under prepared would possibly qualify.
But that's a club thing, not just the manager.
I liked Bilic. Because last season was one of excitement and fun (remember that?).
I agree that the squad was unbalanced and not fit enough, and that BFS improved those elements. But, with a couple of exceptions, this season has been a drag.
It's not a black and white thing.
Was it fun?

It was for the first few months, after that it wasn't, and compared to Mowbrays promotion, RDM's promotion and either of Megsons was almost pure luck in the end.

Really don't get it.