Quick Decisions Needed
Other than Palmer & Morton, are any of the youth ready to step up next season? Will Harper get a chance, or do we think his chance has gone?
(05-09-2021, 08:59 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:58 PM)clem4england Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:55 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:54 PM)Dumbo Wrote: If Sam doesn’t stay on, the biggest worry for me will be that the finances have been discussed and we won’t be investing next season.

Neither should we. 

We have more than enough. Bar 1 CM. Which could be a loan. 

Keep the money in the bank where possible ready for the next Prem attempt
That is very naive. No holding midfielder, no targetman, no midfielder with energy. No reserve full backs.

No striker at all really.

Stupid idea.
Get the impression a few posters on here think we can pretty much field any team next season and walk it....
(05-09-2021, 08:57 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
Lurker#3 Wrote:
Dumbo Wrote:If Sam doesn’t stay on, the biggest worry for me will be that the finances have been discussed and we won’t be investing next season.

Neither should we. 

Apart from replacing our best players, be that loanees or the likes of MP and SJ ?

We dont need to buy another keeper if Sam leaves. I would like us to buy Okay if possible.
We have Several players leaving / off the books so some money could be generated for transfers.
Still Fergy money to come?
Forward players... Grant , Robinson , HRK, Phillips, Diangana, Pereira, Edwards (perhaps).

At least 2 of em are strikers and pretty decent at Championship level.

Whether people like to accept it or not. Livermore, Sawyers, Harper and Snodgrass are not dog shit options in CM. Albeit we need a better option in there.

I didnt say we didn't have to make signings. But if people think we will hold onto our best players and spend 20 million to improve the group. I would suggest they are fucking stupid...
(05-09-2021, 09:02 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:57 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
Lurker#3 Wrote:
Dumbo Wrote:If Sam doesn’t stay on, the biggest worry for me will be that the finances have been discussed and we won’t be investing next season.

Neither should we. 

Apart from replacing our best players, be that loanees or the likes of MP and SJ ?

We dont need to buy another keeper if Sam leaves. I would like us to buy Okay if possible.
We have Several players leaving / off the books so some money could be generated for transfers.
Still Fergy money to come?

okay is not a championship footballer
(05-09-2021, 09:02 PM)clem4england Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:59 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:58 PM)clem4england Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:55 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:54 PM)Dumbo Wrote: If Sam doesn’t stay on, the biggest worry for me will be that the finances have been discussed and we won’t be investing next season.

Neither should we. 

That is very naive. No holding midfielder, no targetman, no midfielder with energy. No reserve full backs.

No striker at all really.

Stupid idea.
Get the impression a few posters on here think we can pretty much field any team next season and walk it....

Seems like it. It's very easy to completely fugg it up with poor recruitment and the wrong manager.
(05-09-2021, 08:59 PM)BaggieAnt Wrote: Other than Palmer & Morton, are any of the youth ready to step up next season? Will Harper get a chance, or do we think his chance has gone?

Alas No

A few may "beef up" the squad but none good enough to play 30 odd games in a wannabee promoted side IMO

I can see Harper being put up for sale, hasn't made much of an impact at a poor Blues side in fairness

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(05-09-2021, 09:12 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 08:59 PM)BaggieAnt Wrote: Other than Palmer & Morton, are any of the youth ready to step up next season? Will Harper get a chance, or do we think his chance has gone?

Alas No

A few may "beef up" the squad but none good enough to play 30 odd games in a wannabee promoted side IMO

I can see Harper being put up for sale, hasn't made much of an impact at a poor Blues side in fairness

Cuzer

Edward's looks like he's on his bike as well

Alas No

Cuzer

Harper is weird.

Talented, but no real standout attributes and doesn't work hard enough to make an impact, plus for a player with his physical attributes he doesn't use them enough.

Alas No

Cuzer

Real shame that, thanks Cuzer.