Food / drink you no longer tend to see
(04-07-2021, 06:57 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: We did sweets a while back ? Foods are an interesting addition.

Cod boil in the bags
Vesta curries
Smash (mashed potatoe)
Tinned puddings (treacle sponge)
Bird's Triffle
Arctic Rolls
Rusks
Pop Tarts
Any buns (Ham & Tom - Cheese & Onion - / pasties / pies behind the bars in pubs
The cockle and whelks man with his basket in pubs

"Got change for a squid"
Hemeling
Harp
Hubbly Bubbly
(04-07-2021, 06:51 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 05:16 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 05:09 PM)Supamart Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 04:50 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 03:40 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Are Fray Bentos (check spelling!) still in existence? If so, are the pies in a tin still available?
Not seen one in the shops in years.

Did you all act like you were at a rave when you found out what you were having for dinner, with a neighbour walking past the house (speaking to camera) stating "they're  having chicken tonight"?

Fray Bentos definitely still around. I usually invest in a couple in the holidays when the missus heads up north with the kids to the in laws for a few days and I can't be arsed cooking

If you had ever visited the factory where FB is produced, you would not touch one with a barge pole - literally.

Also, Spangles.

I cant believe the Cuban leader would lend his name to a poorly produced product.

Uruguay not Cuba

Half Vulcan, half human. 
Not everyone gets a point.
(04-07-2021, 05:19 PM)Bartley_baggie Wrote: Brown and mild
Colt45
Sliced peaches and evaporated milk
Double Diamond lovely drink!

I’d forgotten about that!!!

Angel delight was another favourite

(04-07-2021, 06:08 PM)Baggy Bruin Wrote: Scallops (from the chippy)

Blobs.

Jubilees. Which were big pyramid shaped lumps of coloured flavoured ice.

Do Iced Gems still exist?

Remember Jubilees well.  You’d end up with a face coloured the same colour as the jubilee
I told you I’ll be back
Does anyone remember either of the following?

1. Steak Out Savouries poppadums in bags, You got plain and green chilli. They also did 'balti chips' with strong garlic, the best beer snack ever

2. Golden Glow Bombay Mix
(04-07-2021, 05:09 PM)Supamart Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 04:50 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 03:40 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Are Fray Bentos (check spelling!) still in existence? If so, are the pies in a tin still available?
Not seen one in the shops in years.

(04-07-2021, 03:18 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Whatever happened to Chicken Tonight?

Growing up in the 90s I swear my mom's culinary expertise stretched just about to pouring various jars of that stuff over chopped up chicken breast!

Did you all act like you were at a rave when you found out what you were having for dinner, with a neighbour walking past the house (speaking to camera) stating "they're  having chicken tonight"?

Fray Bentos definitely still around. I usually invest in a couple in the holidays when the missus heads up north with the kids to the in laws for a few days and I can't be arsed cooking

If you had ever visited the factory where FB is produced, you would not touch one with a barge pole - literally.

Also, Spangles.

When I worked for Mars in 1999 I was gutted to discover they still manufactured and sold spangles in other European countries. BASTIDS!!!
I told you I’ll be back
Findus Crispy Pancakes. Used to love the minced beef ones.
(04-07-2021, 07:37 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote: Does anyone remember either of the following?

1. Steak Out Savouries poppadums in bags, You got plain and green chilli. They also did 'balti chips' with strong garlic, the best beer snack ever

Re #1.  I mentioned these in my OP.  I loved the green chilli ones with a pint in a boozer.
I told you I’ll be back
(04-07-2021, 07:51 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 07:37 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote: Does anyone remember either of the following?

Te #1.  I mentioned there in my OP.  I loved the green chilli ones with a pint in a boozer.

My own favourite was the balti chips, but the green chili poppadums were also a top class pub snack. Wish you could still get 'em.
Chicken in a basket was another pub favourite.

Southern fried chicken another which has disappeared
I told you I’ll be back