Lots of Labour MPs quitting now
(02-22-2019, 02:21 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: One look at Jess Phillips MPs Twitter feed shows the Jeremy Corbyn Party is full of the most small minded, exclusive idiots. If this is the kinder politics he and his cronies banged on about then i’m out.

I do think this is the kind of tunnel vision argument that is to the detriment of British politics.

That being the argument that w will ignore abuse of politicians we dislike, but take a very strong position on abuse of politicians we like. Research at the last election suggested that the most abused politician in UK politics is Diane Abbot, which goes to show that being close to Cobyn does not make you immune to personal abuse.

One of the things I find most sinister about the current levels of intolerable abuse of politicians, is how female politicians are far more likely to be victims than male politicians. And I fear that abuse has become aware with the introduction of social media. Today people have greater access to politicians and can remain anonymous. Previous to social media abusers would have to write letters, attend political meetings or make abusive phone calls. Today all they have to do is turn on their computer/phone.
(02-23-2019, 09:10 AM)LockHard Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 04:01 PM)baggy1 Wrote: So as I can keep up, who is / was LockHard?

That would be me.

Are you sure?
(02-23-2019, 02:29 PM)Sunshine Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 09:10 AM)LockHard Wrote:
(02-22-2019, 04:01 PM)baggy1 Wrote: So as I can keep up, who is / was LockHard?

That would be me.

Are you sure?

I'm open to correction.