Lots of Labour MPs quitting now
Interesting times
Like the SDP before them they will fade away like snow in spring.
This really would be interesting - including Chuka Umunna, an MP that talks sense IMO. If they could get Keir Starmer on board that would be a decent set up. Could they steal the centre ground?
Don't blame them.
So Chuka now realises that if you can't change an organization from within the best bet is to leave.
That's actually a good point CIM and did make me smile, but it's a bit different not wanting to sign up for a group that hold very different views to you than leaving an organisation that you aren't really leaving.
Complete double standards from them not accepting by-elections. They stood on a Labour manifesto. Also they keep banging on about a people's vote as circumstances have changed.
They keep banging on about a peoples vote because it's actually the right thing to do, not because circumstances have changed. Much more to do with the billy bullshit that was peddled at the time and swallowed whole by enough to swing the vote has been shown to be, well, bullshit.
(02-18-2019, 11:09 AM)baggy1 Wrote: They keep banging on about a peoples vote because it's actually the right thing to do, not because circumstances have changed. Much more to do with the billy bullshit that was peddled at the time and swallowed whole by enough to swing the vote has been shown to be, well, bullshit.

True. There's been no emergency budget. We're not immediately £4,200 worse off. The economy hasn't shrunk etc, etc. All predicted by Project Fear and the remain liars.
I think we can both agree that there was a fair amount of crap from all sides, and we can agree that there are a lot more facts on the table now. Me personally, I'm keener on having the vote with the facts rather than the bollox that was spouted at the time - that would make it more informed.

There's one very big point clear now - we're not leaving Europe in the way that it was portrayed.