UK "A Model" for other white majority countries
(04-01-2021, 08:07 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 07:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Middle aged white men (presumably / the majority) on football message board seemingly content with report that numerous other experts cast doubts on. Fair enough, I admire your certainty.

And you are denying the conclusions of a panel of experts who have actually considered the data rather than acting outraged on Twitter without having even read it.

But I think you have to accept that there are a lot of experts in this area who have read the report and have disagreed with its conclusions.
In fact there are some commentators, who have read the report and found that the headline conclusions released ahead of the main body of the report, were contradicted by much of the report itself.
Seems the Tory sponsored report have claimed falsely that reputable academics contributed to the conclusion. 

Uncle Toms are easily purchased.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po...25516.html
(04-01-2021, 07:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Middle aged white men (presumably / the majority) on football message board seemingly content with report that numerous other experts cast doubts on. Fair enough, I admire your certainty.

And you are denying the conclusions of a panel of experts who have actually considered the data rather than acting outraged on Twitter without having even read it.
No, they great 'expert' advocate is just picking the experts that fit his political view and 'look at how 'right on' and woke I am.' stance.
As others have said, the headlining of the report doesn't reflect what the report actually said.

Saying a country isn't institutionally racist isn't the same as saying there's no racism. In fact, the report confirms that racism is still a strong force in this country.

So why did the Mail and others lead with the headline the UK is a model for white majority societies?

What I think is interesting is that as someone pointed out this forum is probably mostly white. But I would also guess that most probably earn less 50k a year. How come more isn't being made of the fact that the report says that this is exactly the section of the population that is being 'discriminated' against? 

It's the poor that continue to be poor. The children of rich people earn considerably more than the children of poor people. Therefore, it's no surprise that the grandchildren of poor black people that come over to do low paid jobs are still doing low paid jobs.

Weirdly, the Mail doesn't want to tell that story. I suppose it doesn't fit billionaire Jonathan Harmsworth (the 4th generation of a family of Viscount Rothermere's who inherited his newspaper empire) interest. Instead, they've chosen to keep the finger pointed at the blacks and immigrants. Maybe the Viscount Rothermere hopes the 'white majority' don't notice whose metaphorical knee is on their neck keeping them down.

This will probably get derided as some sort of 'communist diatribe'. It isn't. For society to be peaceful, all aspects of societies must have a fair chance of pursuing the benefits of capitalism. Most democracies recognise that. Somehow, this is getting subverted.

The fruits of capitalism are getting harder to reach than ever before for most.

But that's okay, we can now buy lacoste trainers from sports direct for £20 and show everyone how rich we are. So there isn't really a problem - except for those bloody immigrants taking our jobs, the blacks moaning, asking for preferential treatment and the white chavs on that scummy estate who don't want to work. Or whoever Viscount Rothermere is pointing to this week.

Everything would be fine if it wasn't for them.
(04-02-2021, 09:52 AM)JOK Wrote:

No, they great 'expert' advocate is just picking the experts that fit his political view and 'look at how 'right on' and woke I am.' stance.

Now go back and actually reply to what I said.
(04-02-2021, 03:25 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

No, the great 'expert' advocate is just picking the experts that fit his political view and 'look at how 'right on' and woke I am.' stance.

Who are you ordering about?  I was responding to Bortolazzi's valid post, not yours.

But I will respond. Now you go back and read the whole thread. I can’t see anyone who has indicated they are ‘ content’ with the report. Regarding your snidey little comment “I admire your certainty.” Again, I haven’t seen anyone professing any certainty re this report, just reservations about people making comments who haven’t read it.
What makes your “numerous” experts anymore valid than the ones who wrote the report. Oh, of course , they must be more valid as you see them as voices against this government, which you pathologically loath, so they must be right. You always have a way of picking and choosing which experts and not as expert as you would like.
And remember, you use this "football message board" to make countless proclamations of your views which you hold with "certainty". 
(04-02-2021, 10:49 PM)JOK Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 03:25 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

No, the great 'expert' advocate is just picking the experts that fit his political view and 'look at how 'right on' and woke I am.' stance.

Who are you ordering about?  I was responding to Bortolazzi's valid post, not yours.

But I will respond. Now you go back and read the whole thread. I can’t see anyone who has indicated they are ‘ content’ with the report. Regarding your snidey little comment “I admire your certainty.” Again, I haven’t seen anyone professing any certainty re this report, just reservations about people making comments who haven’t read it.
What makes your “numerous” experts anymore valid than the ones who wrote the report. Oh, of course , they must be more valid as you see them as voices against this government, which you pathologically loath, so they must be right. You always have a way of picking and choosing which experts and not as expert as you would like.
And remember, you use this "football message board" to make countless proclamations of your views which you hold with "certainty". 

I haven’t chosen any side because I don’t feel qualified to say who is and isn’t correct. Which is what I wrote. You chose to have a pop at me (there’s a surprise) via your reply to BH. I replied asking you to address what I actually said, not what you and BH wanted / imagined / decided for me what side of the debate I’m on. To be really clear I don’t feel qualified to say how accurate the report is.
OK, which posters expressed "content" and "certainty" about the report?