FAO All Posters
Good OP Birdie.
Shame about the bitchery.
I found the Lavvro posts funny for my part, but I could understand if people didn't. My longest standing friend - Albion and gay - of 45 years, recently died and he would have loved the posts. Hey ho. It's a fast changing world, not necessarily for the better.
We have been unable to give people a hug for too long, physically and online it seems .
I am totally on board with the intention behind this and will comply.
However I think this type of restriction will be a negative for the bored.
(03-14-2021, 09:00 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 08:47 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 08:38 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Well said Birdie.

Threads mocking homosexuality (which some mods actively encouraged) the said writer to continue have sickened me for many years, which I and other posters tried, unsuccessfully to stop.

Good riddance LAVVRO

LAVVRO wasn’t going to be back, it’s no longer appropriate. But your faux outrage is perhaps a little at odds with both a) your misogynistic conquests with which you once bragged to the bored, and b) the homophobic insult you once sent me by PM - a picture of which I still have somewhere - over something totally different. 

Aside from that, applaud the above. This place has been on the slide in terms of conduct to one another and in general since we were all locked away. Hard to believe at times that we all support the same team.

I thought it was just me that received certain ‘private messages’ from FF. Evidently not.

I have received private messages from FF (Mark) mate and they've been fine. He is a very decent man.

This announcement above, will just put more and more strain on the superb moderators on here. This place has gone from hardly moderated at all to highly moderated in an instant.

I'll say my goodbyes!  Big Grin
If the concept of just not being racist, homophobic, misogynistic or similar is too difficult for you on a football message board, then I'm worried for you.

Ultimately, I don't want anymore people telling me they don't feel welcome because some people have to be edgy.
(03-14-2021, 10:01 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: If the concept of just not being racist, homophobic, misogynistic or similar is too difficult for you on a football message board, then I'm worried for you.

Ultimately, I don't want anymore people telling me they don't feel welcome because some people have to be edgy.

Should there be separate boreds for football and non-football chat to make it easier for you to moderate, then?
(03-14-2021, 10:14 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 10:01 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: If the concept of just not being racist, homophobic, misogynistic or similar is too difficult for you on a football message board, then I'm worried for you.

Should there be separate boreds for football me and non-football chat everybody else to make it easier for you to moderate, then?

Fixed.
(03-14-2021, 10:27 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 10:14 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Should there be separate boreds for football me and non-football chat everybody else to make it easier for you to moderate, then?

Fixed.

Odd.
Can we keep it simple Chaps/Ladies.

Good natured humour is allowed, and never was not. Outright shithousery isn't.

You are posting on a public forum where, outside of PMs, you have no control over who has to experience your opinion. The kind and right thing to do is moderate yourself as best as possible.

It really isn't that difficult.
(03-14-2021, 10:29 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Can we keep it simple Chaps/ladies.

Good natured humour is allowed, and never was not. Outright shithousery isn't.

You are posting on a public forum where, outside of PMs, you have no choice whos has to experience your opinion. The kind and right thing to do is moderate yourself as best as possible.

It really isn't that difficult.

Correct.
Agree Birdie. However i also agree that maybe having a 'non-football' bored in addition to the Politics one may help modding-wise.