Covid Vaccination ID
I was thinking the same keef and was going to put an update on the figures this week but the data hasn't been available for a few days. The hospitalisations have steadily been reducing, not by a great amount, but definitely starting to fall. As we move into the Autumn / Winter part of the year we have to accept there will be some problems but hopefully the vaccine and the boosters have done their jobs.
(09-24-2021, 08:12 AM)baggy1 Wrote: I was thinking the same keef and was going to put an update on the figures this week but the data hasn't been available for a few days. The hospitalisations have steadily been reducing, not by a great amount, but definitely starting to fall. As we move into the Autumn / Winter part of the year we have to accept there will be some problems but hopefully the vaccine and the boosters have done their jobs.

Will we see a rise in other communicable respiratory illnesses though, this winter? I assume they declined last year due to lock downs.
You would imagine so, definitely year on year figures will be higher but maybe just back to normal levels. We will still have immunity built up over time for the usual bad boys and I can't imagine that will mean we have more this year.
This is inconvenient for the little flag wavers

[Image: FA61zssXoAEXRcr?format=jpg&name=large]
(10-05-2021, 08:52 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: This is inconvenient for the little flag wavers

As he waves his little blue flag and sings ode to joy - the irony that praising one institution over another is actually flag waving
(10-05-2021, 08:52 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: This is inconvenient for the little flag wavers

Can we not do this vaccine nationalism thing? It was dumb 10 months ago and it's dumb now
(10-05-2021, 10:18 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Can we not do this vaccine nationalism thing? It was dumb 10 months ago and it's dumb now

We can, but when it has been politically weaponised to show how great the government have handled Covid, despite having one of the highest death tolls in Europe, the reality should be shown with regards to where we are twelve months approximately from when people were scoffing at other countries vaccine roll-out.
What this actually highlights is a huge issue with vaccinating minorities in this country.

Where I live, 90% of adults have been vaccinated. Where my brother lives it's 53%. The majority of Birmingham's inner ring wards have vaccine uptake of less than 60%.
Thought you would be in Manchester drooling on all fours
(10-05-2021, 08:25 PM)Baggybenny Wrote: Thought you would be in Manchester drooling on all fours

Why? I resigned from the Tory Party last year. And this conference has convinced me that I made entirely the right decision.