The Cricket
Oh, to be back in Galle...
Sri Lankans letting us get back into the swing of things easily - very gracious of them...

It'll probably come out they all had covid.
Dom Bess with the easiest 5-30 you'll ever see in a test match.
Looks lovely. Can people see the whole field from the fort?
(01-14-2021, 11:07 AM)Fido Wrote: Looks lovely. Can people see the whole field from the fort?

Yes. 

It's a fantastic place. Stunning. 

Tip: Don't miss the last train
Another tip: Don't try and walk back to your hotel*

* having missed the last train
Great first day for England
need to hammer it home tomorrow
with Root & Bairstow to go big
Root converts a start and a good beginning to life in test cricket for Dan Lawrence.

Chance to go on today and make sure they bat once. Hope the batters make the most of this as it wont be this easy in India in a few weeks time.
Mendis needs to find somewhere safer to stand like thr M5 Big Grin
(01-14-2021, 11:07 AM)Fido Wrote: Looks lovely. Can people see the whole field from the fort?

I was lucky enough to go in 2012, I absolutely loved it there, friendliest people you will ever find, Galke is a stunning location for cricket, had a few issues with the ‘ barmy army’ but nothing that spoiled my time there, moved to Colombo for the second test which is a bustling city, we stayed an hour away in a place called Negombo it was amazing there, hotel was luxurious, only problem was the venue was changed to a very small ground for centenary reasons which made it very hard to get to but we managed to get on the train with the locals and that was an experience in itself !! KP scored 151 and we won comfortably, got some great pics of my friends and me with the players, all in all a wonderful trip only two drawbacks, getting a cold beer can be hard at times, they just can’t cope with the England fans thirst levels and the transfer to Galle from the airport is three hours plus.
(01-15-2021, 10:15 AM)Poppy’s dad Wrote:

I was lucky enough to go in 2012, I absolutely loved it there, friendliest people you will ever find, Galke is a stunning location for cricket, had a few issues with the ‘ barmy army’ but nothing that spoiled my time there, moved to Colombo for the second test which is a bustling city, we stayed an hour away in a place called Negombo it was amazing there, hotel was luxurious, only problem was the venue was changed to a very small ground for centenary reasons which made it very hard to get to but we managed to get on the train with the locals and that was an experience in itself !! KP scored 151 and we won comfortably, got some great pics of my friends and me with the players, all in all a wonderful trip only two drawbacks, getting a cold beer can be hard at times, they just can’t cope with the England fans thirst levels and the transfer to Galle from the airport is three hours plus.

What were the issues with the 'Barmy Army'?