3 potential bidders for the club?
(01-14-2021, 12:20 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:14 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:03 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 11:56 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Those who spent years criticising Peace and now criticising Lai....be very careful what you wish for.

That's like saying you are hanging on to you're Mrs who is banging everyone but you're worried you get another bird who is worse or scared of being left on the shelf.
That analogy would work, if anyone could actually show what Lai has done wrong apart from not gambling millions in the club which he said he wouldn't from the get go.

As a business man you have to change with the way you're business works.... Football has moved on since he took over from JP. its simply not sustainable trying to live of the parachute payments. 

Look at woolworths and other business they stood still and didn't move with the times they have folded.

The major change in football is the pandemic, so all that has happened is the club isn't spending money it hasn't got, football itself is exactly the same as when Lai took over.
Why would anyone buy a football club to just put more money in? There's only a handful of people able to do it as a play thing, others will want to get that money back, and more.
No way will Chapman get past the PL check.

I've only got £500 in the west brom building society but I reckon I'd have a better chance.
(01-14-2021, 12:52 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Why would anyone buy a football club to just put more money in? There's only a handful of people able to do it as a play thing, others will want to get that money back, and more.

Exactly, Birdy. This was JRP's game plan, but his smoke and mirrors made him look like our saviour. He wasn't. Lai has done exactly what he told us he would do. This isn't sufficient though to establish us in The Prem.

We need a more committed owner than Lai to survive in The Prem. I fear we are going to receive one worse than Lai, and have all the problems that goes with it.
(01-14-2021, 12:52 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Why would anyone buy a football club to just put more money in? There's only a handful of people able to do it as a play thing, others will want to get that money back, and more.

Exactly, Birdy. This was JRP's game plan, but his smoke and mirrors made him look like our saviour. He wasn't. Lai has done exactly what he told us he would do. This isn't sufficient though to establish us in The Prem.

We need a more committed owner than Lai to survive in The Prem. I fear we are going to receive one worse than Lai, and have all the problems that goes with it.
Chris Farrell another name linked now. Probably the only one we could find dodgier than Mark Campbell.
Mebbes Peace will buy us back for £100 millz (deferred)?
(01-14-2021, 01:07 PM)B36baggie Wrote: Chris Farrell another name linked now. Probably the only one we could find dodgier than Mark Campbell.

Ask Charlton fans what they think of Farnell. Lots of expletives will be involved
(01-14-2021, 01:21 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 01:07 PM)B36baggie Wrote: Chris Farrell another name linked now. Probably the only one we could find dodgier than Mark Campbell.

Ask Charlton fans what they think of Farnell. Lots of expletives will be involved

Jesus wept. It gets better.
(01-14-2021, 12:59 PM)Hopalong Wrote: No way will Chapman get past the PL check.

I've only got £500 in the west brom building society but I reckon I'd have a better chance.

I'll match that.
Just need another 400,000 folks to put their hands in their pockets, and we have a fans takeover...