So what will happen to Trump now?
(01-09-2021, 12:46 PM)hudds Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 12:14 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 06:31 AM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 12:36 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 12:22 PM)Duffers Wrote: Trump himself signed an order, and tweeted about it during the BLM protests, that anyone vandalising federal property automatically gets ten years.

You’d expect to see quite a few of them go down.

You’d hope so Duffers. They’re so friggin thick though that he’s championing them on Wednesday and today he’s condemned them to save his slimy orange skin. Yet these brain dead morons will still follow him.

Calling people brain dead is totally unacceptable the same as people calling people Mongols give you're head a Wobble.

You really are a sensitive little soul if you can’t accept insulting morons by calling them brain dead. 
I’ll use the most colourful language imaginable to describe Trump’s fanatical following Liq. 
These are the most idiotic people in that society who follow him like he has magical powers over them. He’s become a pseudo cult leader to Wyoming chicken factory workers and the petrol pump attendants of North Dakota.

A moron in the sense of the word coined isn't brain dead, mind.  Metaphorically they may be either morons or brain dead but not both.  In any event, The noun "moron" seems otiose in the professional world from a quick look.  The morons.
Cheers Hudds. You’re a fine erudite gent by looks of it. I’d be delighted to hear your description of Trump’s ardent followers.
The thing is though, not all Trump supporters are morons as you describe. A family I know, living West Coast USA, classic 70's hippy/Dylan/Joni types when I knew them in the UK, are Trump supporters. They are far from ill educated. They are erudite and great company, I reluctantly have to respect that they feel that is their only option. I don't understand it, mind. 
70M voted for Trump and while I personally don't like the man it simply isn't realistic to dismiss them all as morons. Before Trump's election I spoke to various people that travelled to and from the US for business (all the while we thought Hilary would walk home), and they said with certainty, Trump was going to win. That was the feeling.
 The only future worth considering for America is if the Democrats can build bridges with a lot of those 70M people. Not to do so will be catastrophic.
(01-09-2021, 08:13 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: The thing is though, not all Trump supporters are morons as you describe. A family I know, living West Coast USA, classic 70's hippy/Dylan/Joni types when I knew them in the UK, are Trump supporters. They are far from ill educated. They are erudite and great company, I reluctantly have to respect that they feel that is their only option. I don't understand it, mind. 
70M voted for Trump and while I personally don't like the man it simply isn't realistic to dismiss them all as morons. Before Trump's election I spoke to various people that travelled to and from the US for business (all the while we thought Hilary would walk home), and they said with certainty, Trump was going to win. That was the feeling.
 The only future worth considering for America is if the Democrats can build bridges with a lot of those 70M people. Not to do so will be catastrophic.

I know they're( Republicans) are not all loons, but what he cleverly did was target utterly disaffected non voters. He changed his whole vocabulary to talk like them- like an il educated 9 year old, which is the vocabulary of poor America. Listen to him 30 years ago- he's decently spoken. 
He worked out that by sounding like a no nonsense, angry, tell it how he sees it man in a bar he would win all those who think all politicians are crooks.
It worked- they are his core following and the loons who caused the trouble. Sadly they can't see he is a crook and someone who is playing them as he gets intoxicated by power.
Many who voted for him are just Republicans, who are Conservative and believe he will protect them from their way of life changing rapidly.
It's the same issue here and in many ways was responsible for Brexit. 
It's an enormous topic, but so many feel that life, especially in the city, has changed too quickly and want change to be slow. They want familiarity. People are suspicious of change and also immigrants. 
Too many living in utter fear. 
Building bridges is, as you say, the only answer.
I’ve heard he’s part of a consortium looking to buy a Midlands based football club!