Ice Cream
(01-04-2021, 10:06 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Fave at the moment being Häagen-Dazs Salted Caramel, fatteningly, sickly sticky deliciousness in pot!!! Slurp!

Frozen Creamy Onions?

I like their Pralines and Cream, only buy it if its on offer though which is rare.
(01-04-2021, 10:30 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: Can't stand dairy so I'm out of Ice cream although I've made it for special people many times from scratch.

Coconut Ice cream and lime sorbet is the one that I'd like to like the most.

I believe B&J and possibly HD do dairy free versions now. There's also a lot of dairy free alternatives, which seem to be low calorie too (350ish per whole pot!), but some of them have the texture of ice cream that's been left open in the freezer...
(01-05-2021, 03:24 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 10:30 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: Can't stand dairy so I'm out of Ice cream although I've made it for special people many times from scratch.

I believe B&J and possibly HD do dairy free versions now. There's also a lot of dairy free alternatives, which seem to be low calorie too (350ish per whole pot!), but some of them have the texture of ice cream that's been left open in the freezer...

I had you down more of a BJ and DP sort of chap Massy??  Big Grin
(01-06-2021, 09:27 PM)baggpuss Wrote:

Not to mention A2M!   Confused Big Grin
(01-06-2021, 09:41 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Oi! Stop filthing my innocent ice cream fred, you animals!
(01-06-2021, 09:51 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 09:41 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Oi! Stop filthing my innocent ice cream fred, you animals!

He started it!

In seriousness, thanks MD for the info but I'll give even the dairy free stuff a miss.

I'll still make for everyone else though and I enjoy doing that.

I love making sorbets. A njce , tart lemon one of a mango one works really well.
the best dessert shops are jibz desserts and Statham & Leigh
(01-06-2021, 10:01 PM)spyro 123 Wrote: the best dessert shops are jibz desserts and Statham & Leigh

Sprinkles in New Square is good, as is Sweet Dreams in Bearwood.
MCW alert but having lived in Italy for a short time, and on the border now, I can confirm that their gelato cannot be beaten. I could live on the dark chocolate from Borgo's in Garda...
Squid Wrote:
spyro 123 Wrote:the best dessert shops are jibz desserts and Statham & Leigh

Sprinkles in New Square is good, as is Sweet Dreams in Bearwood.
I thought all those dessert shops were meant to be money laundering outlets? Or maybe that rumour is based just on the one local to me, I've never seen a customer in there.