Lockdown announcement tonight
(01-04-2021, 08:43 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Nothing changes for me. WFH as i have been since March. Pop out once a week for a few things that dont get delivered. Might stop for a drive-through Costa and sit in the car drinking it, along with others (Costa have missed a trick here, they should set up a big TV).

Feel sorry for my mates who have kids though.

Miss the odd pint with mates and a curry with my lad.

about it and that can wait given what's happening to others.
I miss having an income and being able to pay my bills. Having to survive on ever dwindling life savings.

Excluded UK - Thanks Rishi.
(01-05-2021, 09:37 AM)baggiebuckster Wrote: I miss having an income and being able to pay my bills. Having to survive on ever dwindling life savings.

Excluded UK - Thanks Rishi.

Harsh on you.  What is your line, Buckster?
Having been made redundant at the end of 2018 I had started out doing freelance web stuff mid 2019. The vast majority of my work was via a single marketing agency. They did have other freelancers but over time I became the main point of contact for them. Obviously the pandemic has impacted on them which has had a knock on effect for me. I had only done a couple of jobs for my own clients as I was looking to build up a portfolio. Therefore the timing was terrible for me as I don't get anything from the Govt - not even Universal Credit. Applied for loads of jobs for all types of work and barely get a reply. Managed to grab a seasonal job at Amazon for 15 hours per week but expect that to end in the next week or two now that Christmas has ended. Unfortunately I find myself in the wrong place at the wrong time - bitter pill to swallow after paying tax for 33 years and now I am in need I am ignored.
(01-05-2021, 11:24 AM)baggiebuckster Wrote: Having been made redundant at the end of 2018 I had started out doing freelance web stuff mid 2019. The vast majority of my work was via a single marketing agency. They did have other freelancers but over time I became the main point of contact for them. Obviously the pandemic has impacted on them which has had a knock on effect for me. I had only done a couple of jobs for my own clients as I was looking to build up a portfolio. Therefore the timing was terrible for me as I don't get anything from the Govt - not even Universal Credit. Applied for loads of jobs for all types of work and barely get a reply. Managed to grab a seasonal job at Amazon for 15 hours per week but expect that to end in the next week or two now that Christmas has ended. Unfortunately I find myself in the wrong place at the wrong time - bitter pill to swallow after paying tax for 33 years and now I am in need I am ignored.

Blimey - timing is everything.  That's rotten luck (and not helped by Govt decisions).

Hope things improve quickly for a temp job or something if nothing else.
(01-04-2021, 09:18 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Terrible situation for all governments but ours have been criminally incompetent. It was clear before Christmas how this was going.

I agree they've been criminally incompetent, but was it really clear before Christmas how this was going?
(01-05-2021, 01:04 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 09:18 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Terrible situation for all governments but ours have been criminally incompetent. It was clear before Christmas how this was going.

I agree they've been criminally incompetent, but was it really clear before Christmas how this was going?

Yes, I've been putting the hospitalisation figures up since October, if i can see it and post the figures I'm pretty sure it was really clear before Christmas.

Presume you're talking about 2019 here?

It was clear within a few weeks of the return to school/college/university back in September in which direction the numbers were moving, and what would be the most likely explanation. Scotland and Wales made prompt decisions about the 2021 exams; Williamson, as he always does, chose an approach of posture, strut, climbdown, hide.

I have a cheery greeting ready for Gav if we ever happen to bump into him in Kinver.

Cases were increasing sharply before Christmas.
Schools were obviously a massive petri dish.
New variant identified before Christmas.
Relaxation of regulations to come over Christmas ( with many fleeing London after his usual belated decision).

How much clearer would you like it?