Brexit gains.
Can someone summarise exactly what we've gained from Brexit so far with the trade deal and more?

I've looked online and pretty much everything seems to be stuff we've lost with no gains. Anyone correct that for me.

As said before, I want to be wrong in saying Brexit was nothing but jingoistic, nationalist nonsense that would never be of benefit, but evidence isn't looking good.
Bloody bump.
Fishermen will get to keep more fish by 2026 but I think it's fair to say that they've been sold short. EU vessels can also fish up to 6 miles of UK but UK fishermen can only go to within 12 miles of Europe. Deal definitely seems to be skewed towards EU but that's what was expected because they carry greater weight.
(01-02-2021, 11:13 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Can someone summarise exactly what we've gained from Brexit so far with the trade deal and more?

I've looked online and pretty much everything seems to be stuff we've lost with no gains. Anyone correct that for me.

As said before, I want to be wrong in saying Brexit was nothing but jingoistic, nationalist nonsense that would never be of benefit, but evidence isn't looking good.

There are no gains per se with the EU and a lot more cost and red tape to simply trade on (mostly) equivalent terms with our nearest and biggest market.  Any deal could only be as close as possible to being in the EU.  There are more complcated matters to consider such as rules of origin in cumulative arrangements. 

I only have one client to my knowledge who trades with the EU who isn't bloody annoyed (or furious).

The point really is whether there are magic unicorns like Proth believes in for future investment and development and trade deals with ROW and regaining "sovereignty" (however that really looks), plus intangibles such as we won the bloody war and Suez never happened.  And poke London and the Elite in the eye out of spite.
Blue passports ! (Made in Poland)

Er, peerages for hardline Brexiteers ?
Love the banging on about fisherman. My current industry, wargaming is worth more to the economy than the environmentally cruel fishing industry.

So I don't see them as a win.
(01-02-2021, 01:36 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Love the banging on about fisherman. My current industry, wargaming is worth more to the economy than the environmentally cruel fishing industry.

Absolutely agree, but it will held up as a benefit. Personally, I'm just relieved a deal was agreed that ensured no tariffs on goods. Living in Staffs, I think WTO would have been disastrous for manufacturing and farming and therefore the local economy.
(01-02-2021, 01:40 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 01:36 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Love the banging on about fisherman. My current industry, wargaming is worth more to the economy than the environmentally cruel fishing industry.

Absolutely agree, but it will held up as a benefit. Personally, I'm just relieved a deal was agreed that ensured no tariffs on goods. Living in Staffs, I think WTO would have been disastrous for manufacturing and farming and therefore the local economy.

What's the mix of farming local to you, Chase? I'm guessing dairy and beef production would be a substantial part, plus some arable. Sheep not so much?
(01-02-2021, 01:55 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 01:40 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:

What's the mix of farming local to you, Chase? I'm guessing dairy and beef production would be a substantial part, plus some arable. Sheep not so much?
Sheep mad, ewe, Oss.
(01-02-2021, 11:13 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Can someone summarise exactly what we've gained from Brexit so far with the trade deal and more?

I have a PhD in International Trade. There are no benefits.