January mini-pre-season
We have Arsenal on 2 Jan and then Wolves away on 16th. 

We need to try and get something obviously on Saturday, I would actually try and surprise Arteta by playing a very attacking formation and side as they will probably expect the rope-a-dope tactics of the last two games.  Let's go 3-4-3 and give it a good go.  

Johnstone
Furlong Ajayi O'Shea
Gallagher Pereira Kroc Diangana
Robinson Austin Grant

The FA Cup game at Blackpool on 9th I would play a 2nd string, pick the team now and get them working on tactics over the next 10 days.  Bond in goal with basically the U23s and a few of the fringe players like Peltier, Kipre, Grosicki, Harper, Edwards etc..

If Sam has concerns about the fitness then the first team squad should be put through a mini-pre-season in preparation for the Wolves game, commencing on Monday 4th with twice daily intensive training sessions through to 13th Jan and then rest/light training for the two days before the game.  Whether a residential is feasible with Covid I don't know,  but there needs to be a bonding session with the new management team. 

Decisions on team strengthening should then be taken after the Wolves game with potential signings being lined up in the meantime.
I’m sorry, you lost me at ‘an attacking formation’. It’ll be 9 men (at least) behind the ball, the only question is which 9.
(12-30-2020, 01:46 AM)Everything Zin Wrote: I’m sorry, you lost me at ‘an attacking formation’. It’ll be 9 men (at least) behind the ball, the only question is which 9.

I said that's what I'd do.
You should probably apply for the job!