Retainer List
(12-30-2020, 12:11 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 11:47 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 08:05 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: If we're of the opinion several of our players have secured a place in our reject pile. Why not get rid of them now?    If we play them and loose 0 - 5 at home. Do you believe our kids would do any worse.
We need to be honest here and say we don't want some of our players wearing our colours ever again.

But Reminomics will tell you they still have to be paid, and nobody else will take on the liabilities of their contracts in the current climate?

I'm open to suggestions? how does continue paying them for losing 0 - 5 at home resolve anything? 
At least ban them - if they want to play football they will find some other idiot to employ them.  
Far too much messing about, this is a mans game. If you play crap your out is the way to go.
surely we are never going to let them wear our colours again.
Credit where credit i due, I can honestly say I have never ever seen a defender in any game score a 25 yard own goal.

Were you at Huddersfield (Leeds Road) when Strodds scored with a bullet header??  Big Grin Big Grin

I take your point, Remi, but I fear we are stuck with this shower until their contracts run down.
(12-30-2020, 11:44 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 11:30 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Austin, HRK, Gibbs, Peltier, Bond, Grosicki, Bartley... that’s well over £200k a week in wages gone... Johnstone will only have 12 months left so expect 7-8m for him, and we’ll get double that for Ajayi so there’s another 50k or so.

There’s more than enough wiggle room if we go down to add 2-3 bits of quality and start again with the core of a side that got promoted before.

Livermore, Sawyers and Phillips all expire in 2022 so it’s not like we’re stuck with them for long. Parachute payments will more than cover them. 

The key thing is not to add any long term commitments in January.

You seriously think we'll get £15m for Ajayi? That really would be some business.

Ben White had a decent season in the champ and was being touted for £30m plus.

Ajayi has held his own this season, or at least has the attributes to do well in a better side. I wouldn’t consider selling for less than £15m, especially if we don’t need to.

(12-30-2020, 11:52 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Do you think the core of the squad left will have the mental toughness and attitude for another promotion campaign, don't forget this squad almost blew the Last one barely limping over the line, I have doubts tbh sincerely hope I'm wrong.

As it stands Tetley, not a cat in hell’s chance, but we wouldn’t be limited to just this group. 

If we go down there won’t be a need for major surgery. We will need a manager with the right mentality - Appleton seems to be the right man - and then a couple of leaders to grab hold of the group. We have more than enough quality for the Champ, and it’s cheaper to buy mental toughness and train resilience than buy quality.

(12-30-2020, 11:52 AM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Do you think the core of the squad left will have the mental toughness and attitude for another promotion campaign, don't forget this squad almost blew the Last one barely limping over the line, I have doubts tbh sincerely hope I'm wrong.

As it stands Tetley, not a cat in hell’s chance, but we wouldn’t be limited to just this group. 

If we go down there won’t be a need for major surgery. We will need a manager with the right mentality - Appleton seems to be the right man - and then a couple of leaders to grab hold of the group. We have more than enough quality for the Champ, and it’s cheaper to buy mental toughness and train resilience than buy quality.
(12-30-2020, 01:07 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 12:50 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Johnstone 
Button
O'Shea 
Ajayi 
Furlong
Periera 
Robinson
Grant - just because I'm interested in what we get for 50p a week for 6 years

Kipre - he was the bench so he does exist 

Everyone else can fug off and find another club in my opinion. 

Sam's got big problems trying to recruit 12/15 players with these skint Chinese when we get relegated.

Sam will be the first one gone if (when) we drop, it certainly won’t be his problem to rebuild.

Johnstone

New LB
Ajayi 
OShea
Furlong 

Field
Harper 

Diangana
Pereira
Robinson

Grant

Isn’t the worst place to start in the Champ next year though...
Sensible.
If only we had owners/ management who could think ahead.

I'd add HRK to that list. In the championship.
And what has Townsend done wrong!
But of course 2 or 3 of those will stay in the prem.
(12-30-2020, 12:50 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Johnstone 
Button
O'Shea 
Ajayi 
Furlong
Periera 
Robinson
Grant - just because I'm interested in what we get for 50p a week for 6 years

Kipre - he was the bench so he does exist 

Everyone else can fug off and find another club in my opinion. 

Sam's got big problems trying to recruit 12/15 players with these skint Chinese when we get relegated.

For a start Big Sam will run for the hills when we get relegated. Also i would completely get rid of all players that was part of the Previous relegation. (Gibbs, Livermore, Robson-Kanu). We really need to start again get some hard working professionals, Back our youth and have a better plan instead of getting promoted and hiring a dinosaur to try and keep us up, Johnstone will be sold, Pereira as well. I would keep

Button, Townsend, O'Shea, Kipre, Ajayi, Furlong, Edwards, Field, Harper, Diagana (No way will we get a massive loss on him) Grant (Same as Grady) & Robinson.