Brexit deal sorted
You wait to see Boris sucking up to the Chinese at the first opportunity. And would Merkel be doing that to the same degree if we were still in the EU? I think not.
(12-27-2020, 03:35 PM)Logic1 Wrote: Because your mother and father are not alive, by definition they are obviously not spongers from the state. We have had to close the economy to protect the elderly who are more at risk from Covid. I am certainly all for that. The least they could do is partially pay for it. Why should my generation pay the bill? Furthermore, I don't buy the OBR's estimate. Leaving the EU on this deal will mean a lower level of growth for years and decades to come. Anyone who knows anything about economic growth and compound growth rates would understand that. I would imagine you are quite livid given the fact that this deal essentially locks us in to EU rules, without us having any control over them and making a trade war more likely. So much for sovereignty.

When people voted for Brexit, did they really vote for this...

I thought that it would be the easiest deal ever? And that red tape would be eliminated...

https://twitter.com/AntonSpisak/status/1...93728?s=19

Well done for helping to make us look a basket case. The rest of the world are laughing at us and our influence in world affairs is now gone forever.

Oh dear, give the ointment a squeeze Dear.

This deal does not lock us in to EU rules, not in the slightest. Under the idiot Barnier's mechanism there would be a ratchet and lock-step on rules with the EU able to impose tariffs on a whim without any evidence of market distortion. This deal has arbitration (like the WTO), and given the interdependence of the UK and EU trade in goods I'd expect very little to go to arbitration in the first place, and secondly for little more than sabre rattling by either side to be the outcome.

Why? Quite simply, if a future government wished to diverge then the rational thing to do would be to get your mitigation strategy in place beforehand such that any measures would have limited impact rendering the impostion of them pointless.

We have quite clearly left the orbit of the EU in every practical sense. I am very satisfied with the deal. I am wholly dissatisfied that it's taken this long.

(12-27-2020, 05:02 PM)Logic1 Wrote: You wait to see Boris sucking up to the Chinese at the first opportunity.

I shall be the first to criticise that.
(12-27-2020, 01:47 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 07:06 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: By all reports I've seen Britain has conceded more than the EU

Which one's are they? All the reports I've read suggest it's a very balanced deal. I was happy with the way Von Der Leyen presented it, let alone Johnson.

It seems once the grown ups got involved and sidelined the idiot Barnier things got moving very quickly.

That should be the last post on the thread. Regardless of May’s dithering he’s been the biggest spanner in the works during the last four years.
(12-27-2020, 05:16 PM)Fido Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 07:06 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: By all reports I've seen Britain has conceded more than the EU

Which one's are they? All the reports I've read suggest it's a very balanced deal. I was happy with the way Von Der Leyen presented it, let alone Johnson.

It seems once the grown ups got involved and sidelined the idiot Barnier things got moving very quickly.

That should be the last post on the thread. Regardless of May’s dithering he’s been the biggest spanner in the works during the last four years.

Actually the fact that you will not be able to blame foreigners for this countries economic woes is probably the one major benefit of us leaving the EU. All of the forthcoming problems can be blamed on the little englanders who currently run this country.
(12-27-2020, 05:44 PM)Logic1 Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 05:16 PM)Fido Wrote:

Actually the fact that you will not be able to blame foreigners for this countries economic woes is probably the one major benefit of us leaving the EU. All of the forthcoming problems can be blamed on the little englanders who currently run this country.

Agree. I voted for accountability.
(12-24-2020, 07:24 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 07:09 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 06:59 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 05:45 PM)Sotv Wrote: Seems the EU have conceded far more than we have and there will be quite a few remainacs denying they have made themselves look stupid over the last few years.
Of course the devil is in the detail so I'll wait for those renowned experts Boring, Derek and Chamonix to tell us why we are all wrong.

You've gone through all 2,000 pages then? You're a quick reader.

Just waiting on your typical strawman response to this as a deflection.
Can you point to any other examples of a straw man response of mine or are you employing a straw man argument yourself there? 
Not sure how good you are at reading but seeing as I qualified my remarks with the devil is in the detail, it would appear you may have issues with it. 
Oh hold on,I never claimed to have read 2000 pages of the agreement, could you please provide a definition of what a straw man argument is please, I'm just a thick brexiteer after all...

The time you went on a tirade about me calling the government Nazis when all I did was point out that Jacob Rees-Mogg defended the use of concentration camps in the Boer War, even providing reference to Hansard at the time of the Boer War to show that they were called concentration camps by the UK government at the time. Textbook strawmanning.

I have issues with the lack of services provision, introducing friction in EU-UK trade by virtue of seemingly not removing any non-tariff barriers, not being involved in EASA, EURATOM or Europol, restrictions on visa free travel, no financial services passport, no mutual recognition of professional accreditations, introducing SPS checks, leaving the internal energy market etc. There's also some stuff that might piss off some Brexiteers that I don't care about, like the UK being seemingly beholden to the EU on state aid, not to mention the fish stuff and being subject to the level playing field within the UK.

And, I don't think you're thick for supporting Brexit nor do I think Brexiteers are thick. I think you're thick because you've shown yourself to be monumentally thick.
Sorry I asked for examples, not fantasies from your imagination. And yes of course I’m monumentally thick, that’s why I’ve managed to purchase 3 houses, live in one the nicest areas in Birmingham and have no problem ever picking up work in a highly skilled technical field. 
You on the other hand have shown yourself to be a sanctimonious, know it all cunt on many an occasion. 
I know it must be hard having staked your entire credibility over the last 4 years on a no deal / the sun falling out of the sky and then being made to look a prick by a leader you and your snivelling little crowd of shabaroons have been calling stupid for the last few years so I suppose we can forgive your embarrassing little shitfits so happynew year you utter cunt.
(12-27-2020, 06:54 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 07:24 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 07:09 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 06:59 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 05:45 PM)Sotv Wrote: Seems the EU have conceded far more than we have and there will be quite a few remainacs denying they have made themselves look stupid over the last few years.
Of course the devil is in the detail so I'll wait for those renowned experts Boring, Derek and Chamonix to tell us why we are all wrong.

You've gone through all 2,000 pages then? You're a quick reader.

Just waiting on your typical strawman response to this as a deflection.
Can you point to any other examples of a straw man response of mine or are you employing a straw man argument yourself there? 
Not sure how good you are at reading but seeing as I qualified my remarks with the devil is in the detail, it would appear you may have issues with it. 
Oh hold on,I never claimed to have read 2000 pages of the agreement, could you please provide a definition of what a straw man argument is please, I'm just a thick brexiteer after all...

The time you went on a tirade about me calling the government Nazis when all I did was point out that Jacob Rees-Mogg defended the use of concentration camps in the Boer War, even providing reference to Hansard at the time of the Boer War to show that they were called concentration camps by the UK government at the time. Textbook strawmanning.

I have issues with the lack of services provision, introducing friction in EU-UK trade by virtue of seemingly not removing any non-tariff barriers, not being involved in EASA, EURATOM or Europol, restrictions on visa free travel, no financial services passport, no mutual recognition of professional accreditations, introducing SPS checks, leaving the internal energy market etc. There's also some stuff that might piss off some Brexiteers that I don't care about, like the UK being seemingly beholden to the EU on state aid, not to mention the fish stuff and being subject to the level playing field within the UK.

And, I don't think you're thick for supporting Brexit nor do I think Brexiteers are thick. I think you're thick because you've shown yourself to be monumentally thick.
Sorry I asked for examples, not fantasies from your imagination. And yes of course I’m monumentally thick, that’s why I’ve managed to purchase 3 houses, live in one the nicest areas in Birmingham and have 
no problem ever picking up will rise in a highly skilled technical field. 
You on the other hand have shown yourself to be a sanctimonious, know it all cunt on many an occasion. 
Happy new year you utter shitfuck.

"Fantasies"

Hope your new year resolutions are to use your brain for the first time in your life and try not to be a hate filled scrote. Though you've clearly not improved your reading comprehension since then so I will be pleasantly surprised regarding the former.

(12-27-2020, 07:07 PM)Sotv Wrote: And where in that did I mention you called anyone a nazi? You really are an odious little snivelling know it all wanker.
BTW I’m not hate filled, I just think you’re a grade A cunt

Ah yes, I'm sure that Holocaust accusation came out of nowhere and had nothing to do with conflating my criticism of Rees-Mogg's words on the Boer War with the Nazi's.

Now do please piss off before you make yourself look even more stupider, as impressive as that would be.
And where in that did I mention you called anyone a nazi? You really are an odious little snivelling know it all wanker.
And where in that did I mention you called anyone a nazi? You really are an odious little snivelling know it all wanker.
Sunlit Uplands, here we come !