Sweden...oh
seems like new people are not welcome on here if they have an alternative view. baggy 1 seems to have the hump and with someone called billy and teltey and derekhardballs? join in. well i trued on a different thread the other day to make a comment and was stasi'd off that and now this group has full hitler youth. bout right given the number of them around with their covid batons i guess you are out patrolling the streets at night

how very sad of you all
(12-23-2020, 04:45 PM)Albiono Wrote: seems like new people are not welcome on here if they have an alternative view. baggy 1 seems to have the hump and with someone called billy and teltey and derekhardballs? join in. well i trued on a different thread the other day to make a comment and was stasi'd off that and now this group has full hitler youth. bout right given the number of them around with their covid batons i guess you are out patrolling the streets at night

how very sad of you all

Not so much of an alternative view Albi, more of a fullofshit view that there these are normal times and this is just normal flu at this time of year.
(12-23-2020, 04:49 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 04:45 PM)Albiono Wrote: seems like new people are not welcome on here if they have an alternative view. baggy 1 seems to have the hump and with someone called billy and teltey and derekhardballs? join in. well i trued on a different thread the other day to make a comment and was stasi'd off that and now this group has full hitler youth. bout right given the number of them around with their covid batons i guess you are out patrolling the streets at night

how very sad of you all

Not so much of an alternative view Albi, more of a fullofshit view that there these are normal times and this is just normal flu at this time of year.

Billy used to make some very good and valid points but then went all David Icke with his obsession with covid being nothing but flu and and we are at no risk etc etc.
(12-23-2020, 02:01 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 10:52 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Sweden likes to do what is popular. It didn’t want to punish its citizens by hampering their affluent, sociable lifestyle. But it did exactly that a few years back when it allowed train-loads of Syrian and other refugees over the Copenhagen-Malmö crossing, the impact of which its sinister press did very well to conceal from international attention; instead focusing on how great they were. With so many deaths, they’ve had to admit defeat on this. And while I don’t ever want to witness people suffering or indeed dying, the world is more than justified in telling Sweden that we told her so.

A left wing poster on this board lent me Douglas Murray's "The Strange Death of Europe" - what Sweden concealed, was / is being concealed across the continent.

The true stats were lamented to me over a Global Management Meeting dinner by the CEO. Rape, murder something like 60% and 70% up in Malmö alone, respectively, in the months that followed that baffling decision.

His words? "We're not allowed to say this. It's crazy."

Yet the world laughed at Donald Trump's comments when he said 'what's happening in Sweden'. Donald Trump is by no means a sterling example of truth, and I would resent ever being quoted as such. But he was right about Sweden.

how very sad of you all

no doubt your lockdown larry. give me more it worked the first 3 times , regardless of that your treatment of a very small single post  alternative view speaks vols about you as a person

rest easy heinrich
You see Albi this is the situation, I was cordial and polite to Billy for a long time and listened to his points, but he got further and further away from any facts and went completely batshit towards the end when he flounced. There are a number of issues coming from the government's handling of this crisis but some of the loony tune theories that go around don't stack up, and I can't be arsed to try and convince morons that day is not night because they have their curtains closed.
(12-23-2020, 11:29 PM)Albiono Wrote:

how very sad of you all

no doubt your lockdown larry. give me more it worked the first 3 times , regardless of that your treatment of a very small single post  alternative view speaks vols about you as a person

rest easy heinrich

Not sure what you expect from lockdowns. If you are expecting them to stop the virus then that isn’t going to happen.

The only reason for them is to reduce the opportunity for transmission and protect the NHS. No one has ever said that they are meant for anything else. They are a delaying tactic while we await a better solution, which hopefully is a vaccine.

Lockdowns however are only as good as the amount of people that are locked down, originally it was pretty well everyone including schools which reduced transmission considerably. Now many more people are out and about, more people are ignoring the rules and their effectiveness is much less.
(12-24-2020, 09:26 AM)strawman Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 11:29 PM)Albiono Wrote:

how very sad of you all

rest easy heinrich

Not sure what you expect from lockdowns. If you are expecting them to stop the virus then that isn’t going to happen.

The only reason for them is to reduce the opportunity for transmission and protect the NHS. No one has ever said that they are meant for anything else. They are a delaying tactic while we await a better solution, which hopefully is a vaccine.

Lockdowns however are only as good as the amount of people that are locked down, originally it was pretty well everyone including schools which reduced transmission considerably. Now many more people are out and about, more people are ignoring the rules and their effectiveness is much less.

Absolutely spot on Mon.
Adrian Goldberg has written a couple of articles on Sweden's expereinces with COVID. Here's his latest offerings along with a podcast interview
https://bylinetimes.com/2020/12/24/we-we...-response/
(12-23-2020, 11:25 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 02:01 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 10:52 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Sweden likes to do what is popular. It didn’t want to punish its citizens by hampering their affluent, sociable lifestyle. But it did exactly that a few years back when it allowed train-loads of Syrian and other refugees over the Copenhagen-Malmö crossing, the impact of which its sinister press did very well to conceal from international attention; instead focusing on how great they were. With so many deaths, they’ve had to admit defeat on this. And while I don’t ever want to witness people suffering or indeed dying, the world is more than justified in telling Sweden that we told her so.

A left wing poster on this board lent me Douglas Murray's "The Strange Death of Europe" - what Sweden concealed, was / is being concealed across the continent.

The true stats were lamented to me over a Global Management Meeting dinner by the CEO. Rape, murder something like 60% and 70% up in Malmö alone, respectively, in the months that followed that baffling decision.

His words? "We're not allowed to say this. It's crazy."

Yet the world laughed at Donald Trump's comments when he said 'what's happening in Sweden'. Donald Trump is by no means a sterling example of truth, and I would resent ever being quoted as such. But he was right about Sweden.

And at the same time we're continually reminded about the "rise of the Far Right" which has been in terminal decline for most of my life.