John Sentamu
I see that Kate Hoey, Claire Fox, and Evgeny Lebedev are more deserving of a place in the Lords than the ex- Archbishop  of York. 

Sums up this governments values up that a person like Fox, ex-communist and IRA defender is worthy of a peerage but a man who refused to wear a dog collar in protest at Robert Mugabe’s crimes against humanity in Zimbabwe and helped the Stephen Lawrence inquiry isn’t. The excuse the Lords is too full.

If only he had been a leading Brexiteer etc
(10-18-2020, 02:35 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I see that Kate Hoey, Claire Fox, and Evgeny Lebedev are more deserving of a place in the Lords than the ex- Archbishop  of York. 

Sums up this governments values up that a person like Fox, ex-communist and IRA defender is worthy of a peerage but a man who refused to wear a dog collar in protest at Robert Mugabe’s crimes against humanity in Zimbabwe and helped the Stephen Lawrence inquiry isn’t. The excuse the Lords is too full.

Well that's doubtful - lots of pointers that indicate the RCP was far from being a left wing organisation.

But i do agree with your central point.
(10-18-2020, 06:21 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 02:35 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I see that Kate Hoey, Claire Fox, and Evgeny Lebedev are more deserving of a place in the Lords than the ex- Archbishop  of York. 

Well that's doubtful - lots of pointers that indicate the RCP was far from being a left wing organisation.

But i do agree with your central point.

RCP morphed into Spiked, which shows that far from being left wing, they were hard right. Especially in the 90s.