Aguero Hand on Shoulder
I might have missed it, but has anybody asked her opinion?
(10-19-2020, 07:21 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 11:31 PM)lemon Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 08:01 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 07:57 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 07:50 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: No one would have said a thing of it had been a bloke. Utterly harmless but PC brigade must have made Beeb highlight it. 
By the reaction anyone would have thought he’d had a game of tit cricket!

Well. Credit to the lino then.

Augero shouldn’t have done it. It was a shade patronising, but highlighting it is much ado about nothing.

A swift booking and getting on with play would have been the best course of action for sure.  I think any media reaction would have been lessened if that had happened.  The fact he 'got away with one' fuels the fire for the media and two Bob hacks like me to raise it for discussion.

I don't know aguero or his mindset for doing it,  nor do I know his views on women and his views on women officials in the men's game but I wanted to raise it out of a sheer nosiness to see what the characters on here would say about it. I haven't been disappointed.

For many it's a non event.  A tap on the shoulder of an official who's gender is irrelevant.  Get on with the game.  For others it's a respect for women thing. Massey is an established and well respected female official with a professional no fuss approach and deserves better than the patronising arm on the shoulder that (for me as I watched) threw back to a bygone era of poorer treatment of women.

Don't touch the officials or you risk a booking.  
Don't touch a female official as a male player or you risk looking like a knob as well as a booking.

I feel used and exploited now.

You just wanted us...for our brains.

There's gotta be some sort of natural resource to exploit on this dump.  But the actual brains are spread very unevenly throughout the posters.  Big Grin
Ever since I saw a female ref a lower league game a few years ago, I've been totally against females officiating in male leagues. This wasn't about competence as they are perfectly capable. It was that men behave differently around women and that was a perfect example. Since it is now a fact that females officiate in male leagues players must understand that women officials have the right to be treated (sworn at) the same as men officials. Having said that touching a female official is  completely unacceptable and was technically an assault. Aguero should be cited and banned. In my opinion he should have been sent off.
(10-19-2020, 09:25 AM)lemon Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 07:21 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 11:31 PM)lemon Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 08:01 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 07:57 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Well. Credit to the lino then.

Augero shouldn’t have done it. It was a shade patronising, but highlighting it is much ado about nothing.

A swift booking and getting on with play would have been the best course of action for sure.  I think any media reaction would have been lessened if that had happened.  The fact he 'got away with one' fuels the fire for the media and two Bob hacks like me to raise it for discussion.

I don't know aguero or his mindset for doing it,  nor do I know his views on women and his views on women officials in the men's game but I wanted to raise it out of a sheer nosiness to see what the characters on here would say about it. I haven't been disappointed.

For many it's a non event.  A tap on the shoulder of an official who's gender is irrelevant.  Get on with the game.  For others it's a respect for women thing. Massey is an established and well respected female official with a professional no fuss approach and deserves better than the patronising arm on the shoulder that (for me as I watched) threw back to a bygone era of poorer treatment of women.

Don't touch the officials or you risk a booking.  
Don't touch a female official as a male player or you risk looking like a knob as well as a booking.

I feel used and exploited now.

You just wanted us...for our brains.

There's gotta be some sort of natural resource to exploit on this dump.  But the actual brains are spread very unevenly throughout the posters.  Big Grin

I say northin...