Line up for Chelsea
(09-26-2020, 04:05 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: I'll admit to being a little disappointed with this. IMO It does make light of his moaning about the lack of signings when the signings we have made can't even get in the squad. Gallagher looked good in the cup and the defence is crying out for a leader like Ivanonic (not to mention that Hegazi is better than Bartley).

I'm not sure why he feels the 532 is the best use of our personnel at the moment as I do feel we get outnumbered in the middle. He's the football manager and I'm not though so I'll bow to his wisdom for the time being.

Showing faith with players who've had 2 bad defeats should be a confidence boost for them though. There is a danger of heads dropping within the squad with Slav is presumably very keen to avoid.

Either way, COYB!!!

Come on. Gallagher can’t play against his parent club. Ivanovic is still not ready and Hegazi is injured.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
(09-26-2020, 04:07 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 04:05 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: I'll admit to being a little disappointed with this. IMO It does make light of his moaning about the lack of signings when the signings we have made can't even get in the squad. Gallagher looked good in the cup and the defence is crying out for a leader like Ivanonic (not to mention that Hegazi is better than Bartley).

I'm not sure why he feels the 532 is the best use of our personnel at the moment as I do feel we get outnumbered in the middle. He's the football manager and I'm not though so I'll bow to his wisdom for the time being.

Showing faith with players who've had 2 bad defeats should be a confidence boost for them though. There is a danger of heads dropping within the squad with Slav is presumably very keen to avoid.

Either way, COYB!!!

Come on. Gallagher can’t play against his parent club. Ivanovic is still not ready and Hegazi is injured.

I stand corrected there, fair enough.
(09-26-2020, 04:05 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: I'll admit to being a little disappointed with this. EDIT as I was wrong

Either way, COYB!!!

Agreed, don't like the 532 at all
(09-26-2020, 03:48 PM)boingingbaggie Wrote: we've got one bloke on the books who a back 3 suits and he isn't even on the bench.
it's madness.

Slav can moan all he wants about the lack of incoming players but he's not making the most of what he has IMO

Agree. Sawyers doesn't have the legs to play in a 2 man midfield. Madness not to play Field
Lampard going 4-4-2. Its worth noting, 5-3-2 is the natural counter to 4-4-2.

Christenson a liability at the back, 36 year old Silva against our pacy attack. Of course our defence is hardly stable either. Could be a high scoring game this.
I bet Chelsea think we're copying them using the Liquidator