anyone know about phones?
Despite working in IT and being a massive PC nerd I've never really kept up with mobile technology. 

I've got a Huawei P10 which is showing its age and becoming increasingly, annoyingly slow. 

I could obviously do some research but though I'd check with this dump first. 

What's the best I can get for under £200 at the minute? 2nd hand is fine, Android not iOS. 

Cheers
Despite the Android comment, probably the new iPhone SE is the best new phone to be had now. It’s a sturdy little thing that’s as almost as fast as the higher-end more expensive models but far more base level camera, screen etc. It is the latest affordable iPhone, which is why I have one for work.

It’s as close to the 6-7 era ones which were quite simply the best ones, before they somehow contrived to get heavier yet more fragile.

Probably best not have a brand new Android if you’re a little out the loop at the minute. Easy to catch up as simple maths though, so don’t fear.
I have the Samsung S10 Lite. Battery life is superb and is just specced a little below the S20.

Depends on budget obviously, but comes with my recommendation.
Go with a Moto G 8 (I think they're up to), I think there's one called a One as well, can't recall the brand.

I've a moto g6, and for under £200 it was has good as my previous £700 phone, apart from the camera. That seems to be where the money is spent, the cameras on high end phones are a different class, but then again that's why I have a DSLR which no phone can compete with.

(08-02-2020, 11:13 AM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Despite the Android comment, probably the new iPhone SE is the best new phone to be had now. It’s a sturdy little thing that’s as almost as fast as the higher-end more expensive models but far more base level camera, screen etc. It is the latest affordable iPhone, which is why I have one for work.

It’s as close to the 6-7 era ones which were quite simply the best ones, before they somehow contrived to get heavier yet more fragile.

Probably best not have a brand new Android if you’re a little out the loop at the minute. Easy to catch up as simple maths though, so don’t fear.

The iPhone SE 2020 is £350 ish though!
(08-02-2020, 11:01 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Despite working in IT and being a massive PC nerd I've never really kept up with mobile technology. 

I've got a Huawei P10 which is showing its age and becoming increasingly, annoyingly slow. 

What's the best I can get for under £200 at the minute? 2nd hand is fine, Android not iOS. 

Cheers

You could pick up a Huawei P30 lite for under £200 new if you don't the Chinese government listening to your calls
(08-02-2020, 03:42 PM)fbaggy Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 11:01 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Despite working in IT and being a massive PC nerd I've never really kept up with mobile technology. 

Cheers

You could pick up a Huawei P30 lite for under £200 new if you don't the Chinese government listening to your calls

Where are they in the queue -  before or after GCHQ, the CIA and Russia  Cool
(08-02-2020, 03:05 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 11:13 AM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Despite the Android comment, probably the new iPhone SE is the best new phone to be had now. It’s a sturdy little thing that’s as almost as fast as the higher-end more expensive models but far more base level camera, screen etc. It is the latest affordable iPhone, which is why I have one for work.

The iPhone SE 2020 is £350 ish though!

And comes with the battery life of a 10 year old iPhone 3GS as standard. Avoid. I’d get a google pixel if I was going to switch. S10’s also very good.

Sent from iPhone X. (Not heavy, or fragile in anyway whatsoever).
In the form of his life.
You could probably pick up an S10 or even better an S10 Edge for 200 notes in cash converter or some other such shops shops.

Sony phones are not to be dismissed either tbf.
Used galaxy s series from somewhere like 4 gadgets.
iPhone SE if you want a new iPhone or a Pixel 4a (should be released tomorrow) if you want a new Android phone.