Happy Birthday to Nwankwo Kanu
Seems to have passed everyone bye, hope he has a nice 25th birthday
He must qualify for his bus pass now.
What a player! To wear the stripes. And that first touch and skill. One of the best I've seen if not the best.
(08-02-2020, 12:38 AM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: What a player! To wear the stripes. And that first touch and skill. One of the best I've seen if not the best.

Nowhere near one of the best I've seen. Who can forget his miss against the Boro
Must be drawing rings around the world by now that lanky lad. My abiding memory is of him cutting a slightly forlorn figure, hand on head, looking confused, slightly aghast, wistful but above all amused that he’d just accomplished something brilliant; that either no one had kept up with and was still either five yards behind, or still stood marvelling at.

He was clearly older than his passport shows. We all know that. He probably doesn’t know his exact age himself. But only with sheer technical class like his can you get away with that in football, let alone to the extent of winning trophies with the best European side not to win that big one. With Koumas, Killer, Brunt and Odemwingie, and maybe one or two others recently, what we witnessed was a player simply above grade in certain aspects in Kanu.

Maybe that’s why.

That hat trick for Arsenal in the drizzling rain was one of the finest hat tricks you will ever see.
(08-02-2020, 05:37 AM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 12:38 AM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: What a player! To wear the stripes. And that first touch and skill. One of the best I've seen if not the best.

Nowhere near one of the best I've seen. Who can forget his miss against the Boro

I was in the basement bar in The Landmark Hotel in Bangkok. I celebrated thinking we'd scored. I'd had a few. Felt like a right fucking dickhead. 

It takes immense skill to put a ball over the bar from point blank range like that.
(08-02-2020, 07:43 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:

I was in the basement bar in The Landmark Hotel in Bangkok. I celebrated thinking we'd scored. I'd had a few. Felt like a right fucking dickhead. 

It takes immense skill to put a ball over the bar from point blank range like that.
post the pic ffs - happy bday mon Smile
I remember going on teletext and seeing that we signed him, I couldn't believe it. Shame we didn't have the right players around him at the time.
Remember a midweek cup game - think we put 4 past Bradford -and he came on as a sub and basically put in the most ridiculous cameo I’ve ever seen. He was so ludicrously above their level he was just taking the piss for 30 or so minutes.
(08-02-2020, 07:43 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:

I met Robbie Fowler in there. I was out seeing agents there and he had done some property seminar or something; I couldn’t really care much as I thought he’d be really funny (especially with a drink in his hand). But it was like a Wayne’s World 2 ‘Hi, Handsome Dan’ moment. Dunno if he was too pissed to be funny but he was dull and boring as fuck (most probably because there was no nearby gak to be had).