Anelka : Misunderstood
Not my thoughts, but a documentary that is being released about one of the Albeyun’s favourite Sons on Wednesday.

Netflix.
I completely misunderstood him.
I thought he was a world class player who might have been past his best but could at least contribute to the professionalism of those around him.

He signed in July 2013. He announced his retirement in August 2013 but resumed training. He scored 2 goals in 12 games, was banned for 5 games over the quenelle gesture and eventually his contract was terminated by the club for gross misconduct.

He and Chadli probably did more to undermine the stability and morale of the club than any other player in living memory.

I hope their infamous records have been indelibly written in our club's modus operandi.

Don't sign prima donna has-beens.
(08-01-2020, 05:19 PM)Albionmad Wrote: I completely misunderstood him.
I thought he was a world class player who might have been past his best but could at least contribute to the professionalism of those around him.

He signed in July 2013. He announced his retirement in August 2013 but resumed training. He scored 2 goals in 12 games, was banned for 5 games over the quenelle gesture and eventually his contract was terminated by the club for gross misconduct.

He and Chadli probably did more to undermine the stability and morale of the club than any other player in living memory.

I hope their infamous records have been indelibly written in our club's modus operandi.

Don't sign prima donna has-beens.
Unless you're a Seal who wants to spunk £20M on John Stones, according to the press.
Dreadful signing - wasn’t even a good finisher for us. 

Anelka certainly not the dressing room influence we needed. Not sure Chadli was anything like that
The great irony was that the game he quenelled in was his first good performance for the club (the 3-3 at West Ham).

He must have had that gesture ready to go for quite a while..
Chadli was very good for us for an admittedly short spell. Anelka always looked like he never wanted to be at the club and was completely past it. A terrible signing and I was pleased when we were able to sack him.
(08-01-2020, 05:46 PM)Duffers Wrote: The great irony was that the game he quenelled in was his first good performance for the club (the 3-3 at West Ham).

He must have had that gesture ready to go for quite a while..

Your spot on with that, really was up for it that day.
(08-01-2020, 05:46 PM)Man from delmonte Wrote: Chadli was very good for us for an admittedly short spell. Anelka always looked like he never wanted to be at the club and was completely past it. A terrible signing and I was pleased when we were able to sack him.
He looked quality for the brief time that he was "fit" However rather than joining up for the Pulis'
 preseason Austrian training session he said he could get fit by staying at home. Immediately that caused a rift in the squad.

Then we had months of "Why is he not playing?" The club did everything they could to disguise the fact that we had a disgruntled well paid top player on our books.

Then when the season was over he miraculously turned up fit and well to play for Belgium at the 2018 World Cup.
(08-01-2020, 06:02 PM)Albionmad Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 05:46 PM)Man from delmonte Wrote: Chadli was very good for us for an admittedly short spell. Anelka always looked like he never wanted to be at the club and was completely past it. A terrible signing and I was pleased when we were able to sack him.
He looked quality for the brief time that he was "fit" However rather than joining up for the Pulis'
 preseason Austrian training session he said he could get fit by staying at home. Immediately that caused a rift in the squad.

Then we had months of "Why is he not playing?" The club did everything they could to disguise the fact that we had a disgruntled well paid top player on our books.

Then when the season was over he miraculously turned up fit and well to play for Belgium at the 2018 World Cup.
I've never booed an Albion player. Ever.
But I'd make an exception for Chadli 
Twat.
Bollocks. For a minute I thought he was doing a Pink cover.

“And hey, You’re just like me apparelle, instead of making me better, you keep making me Quenelle”.

I’d have paid to watch that show. Crikey, I thought Tiny Penis and iTS pARDEW where cumgobblers but sweet mother of Geldof what an absolute cunt he was.