FaQ off Ossian
Are ypou still in Highlands and where abouts?
I have moved close to Onich/Corran Ferry  between Glencoe & Fort  William and I found a hotel bar that's open in Onich
Just me in it at the moment.. and no Pork Scratchings, but it's something, plus nice view over Loch Linnhe.
We’re in a cottage in Rothiemurchus Forest, just up the road from Loch an Eilein. We stayed many times at a hotel called Allt Nan Ros, which I think is now apartments. It was on the A82 at Onich and right across the road from Loch Linnhe.

That ferry at Corran is a gateway to an altogether different world. We’d have been back to Ardnamurchan earlier this year if not for Covid.
Lovely part of the world. My GF's gran had a wonderful cottage just up from Loch Insh which they had to sell when she passed away, though I did get the chance for 1 visit.

I remember doing some winter climbing and skiing around Glencoe and Nevis a few years ago and staying in a small chalet/static site in Onich that had a very well stocked bar! Wish I could remember what it was called.

The Cairngorm Hotel is the best pub in Aviemore IMO though! Smiffy's are also purveyors of one of the Top 3 Pizza Crunch in Scotland Big Grin
(08-01-2020, 04:26 PM)Ossian Wrote: We’re in a cottage in Rothiemurchus Forest, just up the road from Loch an Eilein. We stayed many times at a hotel called Allt Nan Ros, which I think is now apartments. It was on the A82 at Onich and right across the road from Loch Linnhe.

That ferry at Corran is a gateway to an altogether different world. We’d have been back to Ardnamurchan earlier this year if not for Covid.

Ferry at Corran still free for foot passengers though ferry company trying to change that I believe
Wow you lucky people.

It's fantastic up there. I remember the first time I used the ferry there in my red Toyota Carina. My car equivalent of an Austin Ambassador Y Reg. Y Reg. Y Reg.

Such a beautiful part of the world.