Harper
Think most people agree we need a strong mobile presence in midfield preferably carrying a goal threat. Could Harper fit the bill? He has the physical attributes and the technical ability. Would save us several million on someone who would in all likelihood be a punt. O’Shea has shown how players can respond when the manager shows faith.
The main attribute needs to be able to have an impact at PL level....personally I would prefer Connor Gallagher from Chelsea
He's nowhere near good enough at all for Premier League right now. He needs a season long loan in Championship side where he'll play most weeks.
(08-01-2020, 01:20 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: Think most people agree we need a strong mobile presence in midfield preferably carrying a goal threat. Could Harper fit the bill? He has the physical attributes and the technical ability. Would save us several million on someone who would in all likelihood be a punt. O’Shea has shown how players can respond when the manager shows faith.
No.
He lacks awareness, concentration and focus, not sure why.  Still a kid though so hopefully he'll come good but I doubt it.  Very inconsistent and games just seem to pass him by.
(08-01-2020, 02:16 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: He's nowhere near good enough at all for Premier League right now. He needs a season long loan in Championship side where he'll play most weeks.

Agree. Or League  One. Either way he's a long way off Premier League standard just yet.
(08-01-2020, 01:31 PM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote: The main attribute needs to be able to have an impact at PL level....personally I would prefer Connor Gallagher from Chelsea

(08-01-2020, 02:16 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: He's nowhere near good enough at all for Premier League right now. He needs a season long loan in Championship side where he'll play most weeks.

These posts are both correct.
People seem to expect the finished article almost immediately. He’s certainly not the finished article but I suspect that was the case with Mount, Choudhary et al. Give him some responsibility and he could thrive.
(08-01-2020, 03:29 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: People seem to expect the finished article almost immediately. He’s certainly not the finished article but I suspect that was the case with Mount, Choudhary et al. Give him some responsibility and he could thrive.

He's had responsibility.
(08-01-2020, 03:29 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: People seem to expect the finished article almost immediately. He’s certainly not the finished article but I suspect that was the case with Mount, Choudhary et al. Give him some responsibility and he could thrive.

No he's not the finished article but you're suggesting to throw him in our team next season in the Premier League when he's looked like a fish out of water at Championship level.