Spain and quarantine
(07-28-2020, 06:44 PM)Ossian Wrote: Does anybody know how those travelling by road are being monitored? Campervans or motorhomes for example?

It’s possible to travel from Spain into France and then back to the tunnel in 2 or 3 days and it’s unlikely there’d be any stamp on the passport. Ostensibly you’d be returning from France.

I’m sure it’s been thought of.

Not sure how it's being monitored, but you're supposed to self isolate even if you only drive through Spain.
(07-28-2020, 04:34 PM)Baggie Rick Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 04:03 PM)JOK Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 12:55 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: The Europeans are avoiding Britan maybe but certainly not each other. I was in both St Johann in Tirol and Lake Garda for work over the past week. Both totally rammed (mostly with Germans).

If you'd been given the all clear by the gov't to travel and then done so, I don't think its unreasonable or 'thick' to be fuming when they suddenly pull a 180 overnight.
Government statement, “represents our ambition to return to normality, however we are ready to apply the handbrake on the plan set out”.
It was acknowledged that parts of the world are experiencing a rise in cases rapidly and the goal is to avoid that in that UK.
“People and businesses should be prepared for the eventuality that we pause our timetable for reopening, or reverse changes in a targeted way to respond to new outbreaks,”  as late as 17/07/2020

Raab, “we must have the ability then to put back measures in place," 07/95/2020

No. 10 spokesman, “We will closely track the impact of any easing of …measures and will not hesitate to tighten the rules if required.”

Any changes to the UK lockdown... could be reversed if the virus spikes, Boris Johnson's spokesman insisted today.” 07/05/2020

Johnson, “measures under constant review”, “we will not hesitate to apply the handbrake, or reverse measures”. In The commons 23/06/2020

Can't say we haven't been warned of the possibility.
 Caveat emptor!

+1

Going abroad while in a pandemic you take your chances.

+1 this