Russia
Didn't have anything to do with interfering with the Brexit referendum. Well, they might have done we didn't bother to check.

Whoops
Tories and their media chums have been preparing the populace for the last few days. The Daily Mail said Russia wanted Corbyn to win the election. And how did they don this? By donating millions to the Tories! 

And the Russians 'hacked' the Oxford Coronavirus19 vaccine hunt. Ignoring the fact that cyber spying is different to hacking the Oxford team have arranged for a Russian company to manufacture the successful vaccine.

[Image: EdX6iaXWoAEbany.jpg]
Bit more than didn't bother to check, we instructed the security services not to look apparently. Just another piece of criminality from this bunch of crooks. It's virtually daily now and just blatant - last night the party whip instructed the tory MPs to vote to allow the NHS being on the table, reduced food standards and reduced parliamentary scrutiny of any trade deals.
Another day another opportunity for the usual suspects to bury their head in the sand
So all the russians voted and not the british public ............give it up lads
(07-21-2020, 09:52 PM)The liquidator Wrote: So all the russians voted and not the british public ............give it up lads

As someone who left the EU due to the advances of  a communist country some years ago I can relate Big Grin

Just think it's a little poor for a government to instruct / willfully ignore an issue of national security no?
(07-21-2020, 09:52 PM)The liquidator Wrote: So all the russians voted and not the british public ............give it up lads

What a strange take from this
(07-22-2020, 09:39 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:

What a strange take from this

You’re new here aren’t you?  Wink Big Grin
(07-22-2020, 11:01 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote: Russia and China seem to have factories of fake accounts set up to sow division and misinformation, usually taking both sides and aggravating debates to cause disunity - would make sense they did this for Indyref and Brexit. We have a democracy though and have to have votes and elections and can't just void them all because we know they are all subject to these kind of attacks. They are probably not affecting the outcome, just stoking up the anger and disunity, which is the main aim - but it would be hard to measure outcomes. But cyber security really needs to be improved as I can only see this getting worse, especially from China at the moment.

For this story, the focus is just on Russia it seems, perhaps there is more evidence they were at it. Certainly when it comes to accounts trying to register on here, we are deleting dozens a day which are spurious, a huge proportion of them ending in .ru on the email address - sometimes Ukrainian IP addresses. Not seeing the Chinese ones though - and the Baggies are Chinese owned...
In India however, they have banned a number of Chinese apps, including Tik Tok, I think.

Doesn't matter about individual votes, the least you would expect is the government to not turn a blind eye to these issues and for the intelligence services to do their job. That is the underlying issue outlined in the report, we're not trying to stop this.
(07-22-2020, 11:01 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote: Russia and China seem to have factories of fake accounts set up to sow division and misinformation, usually taking both sides and aggravating debates to cause disunity - would make sense they did this for Indyref and Brexit. We have a democracy though and have to have votes and elections and can't just void them all because we know they are all subject to these kind of attacks. They are probably not affecting the outcome, just stoking up the anger and disunity, which is the main aim - but it would be hard to measure outcomes. But cyber security really needs to be improved as I can only see this getting worse, especially from China at the moment.

For this story, the focus is just on Russia it seems, perhaps there is more evidence they were at it. Certainly when it comes to accounts trying to register on here, we are deleting dozens a day which are spurious, a huge proportion of them ending in .ru on the email address - sometimes Ukrainian IP addresses. Not seeing the Chinese ones though - and the Baggies are Chinese owned...
In India however, they have banned a number of Chinese apps, including Tik Tok, I think.

Saying I'm a fake account lad?  Big Grin