Face Masks
https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1...3080995842

Just buy a meal deal when you go to the shops, then you don't need a mask. Problem sorted
(07-15-2020, 11:39 AM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 06:07 AM)JOK Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 03:04 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 02:57 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Being a 'kept' man I run the home including doing the family grocery shop. That requires 2.5 - 3 hours in two stores every week. There are 2 main groups that I have seen that totally ignore the opportunities to sanitise and distance.
Those in the 'Senior' group of our population and those wearing face masks.
A 3 layer mask/or cloth covering is not going to provide the 'other' shopper a jot of protection when someone pushes passed them but it is very likely to embolden the wearers with a false sense of security IMO.

"Rules shouldn't apply to us, we'm old"

I think I'm joking, but I'm not 100% sure.
Just back from my regular few days self isolation from the miserable negativity virus of this bored and I walk straight into this, simply, ageist rowlocks again!
I also do the shopping once a week and my observation is completely opposite. People I see wearing masks and gloves are mostly those over 50 ish. The only ones I've seen using the sanitizing station are the more mature. though that's not many of any age, though they could, like me, be using their own sanitizer when leaving the car. The only people who can't wait for me to move a distance from their, must have immediately, commodity are younger women. (The shop staff themselves aren't too fused either.)
Being a certain age, most of the people I am in contact with at present are 50+ and to a man they are all very wary of going into public places. They haven't rushed to the hairdressers / barbers, nail bar or pub the minute they opened.  They all follow the hygiene protocols and keep to distancing, if others allow. It's the brainless, selfish and thoughtless millennials and younger who are putting others at risk. 
And Oss, I hope you're joking as it is the oldies who are far more likely to follow the rules.

JOK - I am 60 nearly 61. It's not ageist at all. It's an observation I have had about the over entitled Baby Boomers for a long time and pushing in and impatience is one of them.
I don't know where you shop. Perhaps that might be the difference but with a budget that means I use Aldi and Tesco weekly I can assure you that the old un's including those of my own age are by far the worst.
I'm 65 and a Tesco shopper too. can't say the area is too salubrious. Admittedly I'm there at 6.30 ish am. Prhaps that has a bearing. The pushing in and impatience is perhaps one thing but social distancing and hygiene is one thing I think the oldies do take more notice of.   
One little anecdote; A few weeks ago I was in the queue for the tills with my laden trolley and the old dear in front of me, must have been 80 odd, asked if I needed to get to work and if so I could go first. As regards manners people are people whatever the age, I recon. I think we will have to disagree on which generation have the biggest 'Entitlement' issue.