Assessing risk of the rona as life tries to get normal
The kids have been back at school for several weeks with no issues at all, they are really enjoying themselves.

I work at a Uni and it's pretty much going to only be practical lessons in there only for much of the autumn term, so looks like I'll carry on working from home, which I've gotten used to now.

Will be seeing my parents in the next few weeks, that's about the only change. Not due to fear, just with regards to what's available.
We I work at a substance misuse and mental health clinic in Sheffield city centre. Providing care to people living on the streets ( now in hotel s) and prisoners on scripts on their release day. We whale all been tested and were suprised how few of us actually had been infected in the past . Some were adamant they had had it .
(07-03-2020, 10:18 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:08 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:00 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: This has gone off kilter into a 'who has had it' debate, with petty sniping galore.
I'm more interested in people's fear of it now- after being told for months it is a deadly scary thing lurking invisibly we are being asked to go back to normal life and I wonder how hard an adjustment this is for some.
Incidentally, I had all the symptoms of a common cold in early March. I believe I had a common cold.
Currently, have been rough past couple of days with suppressed appetite, tired and flu like symptoms. I still don't think it's the virus, especially as I feel better today.

We are not going back to normal life though, are we?

I’ve spent the last 3 days putting procedures, guidelines and fittings in to my building...ready for my reopen on Saturday.
True enough, but pretty much normal. What I want to know is who will dive in back into pubs etc?

Gonna do a reccy first. 

Most likely go to the last place we had a public pint, at the end of the Last Night Of The Pubs.

Aptly named The Retreat.
Think the last pint I had was at Alexandra Palace at a Supergrass gig back in early March..
(07-03-2020, 10:28 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:12 AM)Fido Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 10:00 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: This has gone off kilter into a 'who has had it' debate, with petty sniping galore.
I'm more interested in people's fear of it now- after being told for months it is a deadly scary thing lurking invisibly we are being asked to go back to normal life and I wonder how hard an adjustment this is for some.
Incidentally, I had all the symptoms of a common cold in early March. I believe I had a common cold.
Currently, have been rough past couple of days with suppressed appetite, tired and flu like symptoms. I still don't think it's the virus, especially as I feel better today.

We set up a competition between the kids to see how many kilometres they could clock up in June and then the winner would get a prize (new pair of trainers), with a minimum of 50k to be done. So they've been out most days and generally no issues with either them or others people distancing but the boy came across someone the other night with full welding mask attire who shooed him away with an umbrella like a gaggle of geese for getting a bit too close. 

As has been mentioned it's strange for most but for the very young generation who are growing up with no physical contact with family and friends. It will surely be ingrained in them from an early age that you shouldn't get close to anyone at any time and my sympathy goes out to them. And then they are the poor fuggers age 16-21 or so whose condoms in their wallets are getting close to their use-by dates!

Other than it sounding further, I do not understand why cyclists and joggers talk in KMs when as a country our road speeds and distances stated on road signs are in miles.

because Couch to 3.10686 miles is not as catchy? Smile
I work in miles when running.
I won’t be rushing back to the pub or having a meal out somewhere soon.
But I’m not sure if it’s Covid related or I just turned in to a boring bastard.

If they announce that we could go back up the Albion , I’d be there like a shot
So my reasoning makes no sense
I'm not flippant or blase regarding Covid'. That said I'm less concerned about infection and transmission than I am about the potential for stupid people to be, well, quite stupid really. And selfish. People can be highly socially unaware at the best of times. I can only imagine many will be even worse having kept themselves pretty much to themselves for much of the last few months. I just know some mouth breathing, brain dead fuckwhit would inadvertently wander across my path, invade my personal space with a vacant troll like expression thus inviting a smack in the face. With that in mind I'm going to avoid pubs and restaurants for a while yet. I love going for a pint and a meal but as stated on a previous thread a few days ago, I can live without both for a little while longer. I miss my mates and the vast majority of folks heading out this weekend will no doubt be sound. But my thinking is to let those among them who are ripe for natural selection to get things out of their system on their own time .
(07-03-2020, 02:49 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: I'm not flippant or blase regarding Covid'. That said I'm less concerned about infection and transmission than I am about the potential for stupid people to be, well, quite stupid really. And selfish. People can be highly socially unaware at the best of times. I can only imagine many will be even worse having kept themselves pretty much to themselves for much of the last few months. I just know some mouth breathing, brain dead fuckwhit would inadvertently wander across my path, invade my personal space with a vacant troll like expression thus inviting a smack in the face. With that in mind I'm going to avoid pubs and restaurants for a while yet. I love going for a pint and a meal but as stated on a previous thread a few days ago, I can live without both for a little while longer. I miss my mates and the vast majority of folks heading out this weekend will no doubt be sound. But my thinking is to let those among them who are ripe for natural selection to get things out of their system on their own time .

This entirely!

Love my local but can't think of anything worse than some drunken twat coughing all over me - no thanks!!
(07-03-2020, 12:58 PM)Duffers Wrote: I work in miles when running.
Good lad.
Even marathons are in miles so I don’t understand where working in kms has come from or why.  The velo cycle races are in miles also.

As I said above, the only rationale I can think of is because 5k sounds further than 3 miles