Leicester Localised Lockdown
Looking likely.

Lordy!
No great surprise there as in many areas large BAME population

With many having their own community within a community 
I was led to believe within their own community many of the occupants still dont speak english

Surely that would have a huge impact on dealing with this
(06-28-2020, 10:52 AM)Pipkins Wrote: No great surprise there as in many areas large BAME population

I was led to believe within their own community many of the occupants still dont speak english

1. Large population of one the most vulnerable groups
2. Densely populated 
3. Higher number of multi generational households than usual
4. Failure to observe lockdown since day one

Inevitable I’m afraid.
(06-28-2020, 11:06 AM)Penny Black Baggie Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 10:52 AM)Pipkins Wrote: No great surprise there as in many areas large BAME population

2. Densely populated 

Inevitable I’m afraid.
At the risk of lighting the bonfire, this (from my experience) is true.
(06-28-2020, 11:08 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:

2. Densely populated 

Inevitable I’m afraid.

The call to prayer was deemed more important than Covid-19 by many in Leicester.

2. Densely populated 

Inevitable I’m afraid.

I’ve been in 3 Asian shops In Soarkbook recently and in every store everyone strictly adhered to social distancing and wouldn’t walk down an aisle until it was clear.  Totally different to mainstream supermarkets  eat to where I live.
(06-28-2020, 11:21 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

2. Densely populated 

Inevitable I’m afraid.

I’ve been in 3 Asian shops In Soarkbook recently and in every store everyone strictly adhered to social distancing and wouldn’t walk down an aisle until it was clear.  Totally different to mainstream supermarkets  eat to where I live.
Fair enough, but that is the minimum requirement. From my experience there has still been the usual family gatherings taking place as if nothing has happened. Not a popular view, I know, but it would be dishonest for me to pretend otherwise.
(06-28-2020, 11:26 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:

2. Densely populated 

Inevitable I’m afraid.

Fair enough, but that is the minimum requirement. From my experience there has still been the usual family gatherings taking place as if nothing has happened. Not a popular view, I know, but it would be dishonest for me to pretend otherwise.

I reported on this some weeks ago during Eid when many of our neighbours completely ignored social distancing with friends and family coming to their houses shaking hands and hugging so unfortunately I am not surprised!
It’s not just a particular community but any groupings that have selfishly ignored the lockdown and, effectively, endangered all of our health and livelihoods that so annoy me.
Myself and all our families have been doing everything we can to avoid catching and spreading thus killer virus.
The government really need to step up at long last to enforce strict test, track, trace and quarantine and stop leaving it up to individuals!!!! Only way we will avoid another catastrophic event from September onwards.
Imagine what chaos we have to come with the virus still so prevalent mixing in with colds and flus !

(06-28-2020, 12:06 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 11:26 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 11:06 AM)Penny Black Baggie Wrote: 1. Large population of one the most vulnerable groups
2. Densely populated 

Inevitable I’m afraid.

I reported on this some weeks ago during Eid when many of our neighbours completely ignored social distancing with friends and family coming to their houses shaking hands and hugging so unfortunately I am not surprised!

Just so selfish and disrespectful to the majority that has sacrificed so much already let alone health care workers.

2. Densely populated 

Inevitable I’m afraid.

Arf, you must have visited these shops before 10AM , absolutely nothing has changed down Stratford Road