Borin
(06-26-2020, 10:43 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Without a doubt I care less about promotion now than several months ago... if the season kicks off in August it’s unlikely we’ll be able to attend games so I really can’t find the enthusiasm for promotion.

Trouble is we need promotion for the dosh to at least keep us relevant as a lower Prem/top Chump contender team.
Typically we never seem to get the owners who will put money in and give us a bright future so without the yo-yo who knows what irrelevant depths we could sink to ?
(06-26-2020, 10:46 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 10:43 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Without a doubt I care less about promotion now than several months ago... if the season kicks off in August it’s unlikely we’ll be able to attend games so I really can’t find the enthusiasm for promotion.

Trouble is we need promotion for the dosh to at least keep us relevant as a lower Prem/top Chump contender team.
Typically we never seem to get the owners who will put money in and give us a bright future so without the yo-yo who knows what irrelevant depths we could sink to ?

West Brom will always be relevant to me regardless of division... I don’t really care how relevant we are  outside of this. 
If we drop to League One, so be it. We might have a decent budget without PL money Wink
In terms of enthusiasm it's very difficult to breathe life into a season which seemed to have fizzled out about 4 months ago. What's happening now feels like mopping up loose ends, even though the potential consequences make it much more important than that from the perspective of the club.
(06-26-2020, 09:57 PM)baggie93 Wrote: Dunno if it's football in general with me now, but I switched us off tonight after 70 mins. I never leave the ground before the end regardless of how we are doing, and Ive certainly never switched us off when on TV.. After 70 mins I couldn't watch that anymore. Boring and predictable.

Baggie 93 suggests you've been a fan for 27 years max.

Good job you weren't around early 70s or late 80s and the 90s then..

Oh...
(06-26-2020, 10:56 PM)Ossian Wrote: In terms of enthusiasm it's very difficult to breathe life into a season which seemed to have fizzled out about 4 months ago. What's happening now feels like mopping up loose ends, even though the potential consequences make it much more important than that from the perspective of the club.

Good point, I've watched a lot of football since it came back and (Chelsea aside), haven't found it as interesting as I wanted. The break has definitely put a dampener on the game.